Instant LAN Messaging between DOpus

Hello.

I have been always reluctant of bloating the software with functions that can be covered by specialized standalone applications. But after realizing how useful is the DOpus FTP feature (it have made me to ditch FileZilla), I'm seeing further ways of adding value to this superb "opus".

Thus, I think that, maybe, having an instant LAN messaging tool like RealPopup inside DOpus would be an useful and nice feature. In corporate offices, that count with several DOpus deployed, it would be another incentive to the end user.

(for the people that don't know what RealPopup is, here is a general view/description of it: realpopup.it/features.html )

I don't know the work that can be needed to implement something like this, but I think that it deserves to be suggested as a futurible feature.

Opus used to have Windows Messenger integrated (before Microsoft killed off the technology) - I don't think anyone ever used it :slight_smile:

Call me weirdo but I use this thing. :laughing:

I also use a LAN Messenger application to communicate between various PCs around the house. Handy for pinging URLs to the better half.... :wink:

Regards, AB

[quote="aussieboykie"]I also use a LAN Messenger application to communicate between various PCs around the house. Handy for pinging URLs to the better half.... :wink:

Regards, AB[/quote]
Hi, aussieboykie.

I didn't know this LAN Messenger. I will give it a try, thank you. :slight_smile:

Since LAN Messenger is a multi-platform client we use it as well in the office. But unfortunately it seems to be dead for two years now. Is there any other tool providing multi-platform support and which is still under active development?

Here is a link with a few to choose from:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/Chat/LAN-Messaging-Clients/