Internal Command: Find (Advanced Filter)

Hello,

Is there a way to create a Find Internal Command with a advanced filter already preset? That way, I would be able to type whatever search I wanted with the filter in place.

Thanks,

I think the closest you get get right are:

• Open the Find Panel in Advanced mode, but using whichever filter was last used: Find ADVANCED

• Run a Find operation using a predefined filter, but it won't open the Find Panel to let you modify it first: Find NAME="My Filter" FILTER IN {sourcepath$}

There is another way, but it involves a bit of a kudge:

• The Find panel remembers its last-used state in /dopuslocaldata\State Data\find.osd and it reads the file in each time it uses it (it isn't kept in memory all the time).
  • So you could set up the Find panel to use a particular filter, then close it to update the config file, then create a copy somewhere.
  • Then you could have a button which copies the saved config file over and then opens the Find panel.
  • (You might want to have it close the panel if it's already open, then copy the file, then (re-)open it, so it handles that situation.)

Apart from being a kludge, the other problem is you have to make a copy of the config file for each filter you might want to use that way.

1 Like

I will examine that second option. It will depend on how many filters I want to create.

Thanks for your help!