Internal icon set

Is there any way to extract an icon (save the icon to disk for use in another version, say) from the internal icon set?

The default Toolbar Icons come from a PNG image resource within DOpus itself.
You can't 'just' save them as icons.

So you want to pinch the icons from v9 to use with v8 or earlier ?

There is an internal 'hidden' set of icons in DOpus9 from Trevor Morris that are just beautiful.
I long ago made a DOpus icon file set dis file of only the 20 x 20 pixel size.
It's really an injustice to Trevor though.
My icon names in the set were just made up on the fly and are most certainly incorrect.
Very Large sizes of these icons are also present and can be used for other things such as decals, a DOpus mousepad, ...

Well, here's the small set I hacked out.
Steve, feel at liberty to correct or remove as usual :slight_smile: .

(Admin: I've removed the download. I don't think it's appropriate to provide Opus 9 icons to people who are using earlier versions. If they want them, they can upgrade.)

Actually, Steve, I want to use a version 8 icon (2, 22 in the png file) in version 9, and I think I have figured out how to do that by modifying the xml file.

In that case you will be wanting to visit this topic. I've just uploaded the original version 8 icons in .dis format ready for import into Opus 9.

I already had that dis file and all I did was rename the icon I wanted so it didn't get overwritten by the Default set. Thank you.

If we're talking about toolbar/menu icons, you don't need to rename the icon to use it. When selecting an icon there is a drop-down that lets you specify which icon-set to use.

(Normally it uses all icon sets, which means it tries the icon sets you have installed in the order you have them listed in Preferences and takes the icon from the first set that has it, but you can override that for individual buttons.)

You're quite right, Leo. Thank you.