Is there a configurable timeout for resolving share names?

Greetings, I'm currently hitting a problem where DOPus is trying to query out to an Xbox 360 in the Xbox 360 Neighborhood (very similar to network neighborhood) and because the IP changed it can't resolve the name and therefore perpetually hangs. Is there any way to set the timeout? Or can this be done asynchronously so it doesn't lock the entire application?

Running ipconfig /flushdns from a command prompt should fix the IP address problem.

I don't know if there's a way to change the network timeout. If there is it will be a Windows setting, not an Opus setting.

Hrm ... had to do a nbtstat -R, but in general I'd imagine it would be possible to sniff the reg-key with procmon and find out the TTL that way. Even still though DOPus shouldn't completely lock and wait for any given networking component to complete. That's just bad form. :stuck_out_tongue:

It's a slightly different situation but the whole of Windows tends to lock-up if you've got a mapped drive on an unreachable machine. Even stuff you wouldn't expect to seems to get tied up sometimes, which can be quite confusing.

That said, maybe Opus could handle this situation better, I don't know; just saying in my experience the entire Windows OS doesn't cope well with unreachable network destinations.