Define in which dual-view pane new tabs open?

When I use a folder/drive shortcut, this path is opened in any pane (dual view mode - I'm guessing the pane that was last in focus) opens the path.
Is it possible to somehow configure in which pane new tabs should be opened?

Hint from @lxp : New external tabs are opened in the source. You could use DOpusRT for more control.

Seems to be a more complex topic. At least here is nothing related to open an external folder in a specific pane:
https://www.gpsoft.com.au/help/opus12/index.html#!Documents/DOpusRT_Reference.htm

Can I somehow configure which pane has the focus after launching Opus? I did not find a setting therefore.

You can run any command via DOpusRT. See the Go command for opening folders in various ways.

(If you need even more complex logic, you could use a script which you can also run via DOpusRT.)

But that works only if I create shortcuts by myself which use DOpusRT to launch a specific path, right?
So I cannot change with DOpusRT the behaviour for using any kind of existing shortcuts.

But perhaps my second question could already help: Can I somehow configure which pane has the focus after launching Opus? I did not find a setting therefore.

It's whichever pane had focus when you last saved the default lister. (Assuming the default lister is what you're then opening, which is usually the case. If you're using layouts instead, it's similar: whichever pane had focus when the layout was saved.)

By default, the default lister is saved when you close a window, but you can turn that off and only save it when you explicitly want to via Settings > Set as Default Lister. (Using that will ask if you want to turn off automatic saving, as well as save the current state.)

ok. But would it not be nice to have a setting in Opus to define this in general? So that it is possible to define: Launch Opus always with focus on left/right or upper/lower pane.

Also would a setting be nice to define in which pane external links shall be open (left, right, last focus)

There already is a setting: The default lister.

Sorry, but as far as I see it right now it is not a setting, but a lottery. I change the default lister every day and of course I want that the changes are saved (without thinking about manual saving).
So it is pure random which pane has the focus during closing Opus.

Perhaps it is possible to write a script that change the focus to a defined pane before Opus is closed?
But I do not see any reason to not offer a clear setting for the focused pane at Opus start. :slight_smile:

And for the topic "In which pane are external folders opened" is not any setting available at all. It is always the pane which has currently the focus.

I think the probably best file manager of the world should offer settings for that. :smiley:
Other file managers offer such settings (but have other disadvantages).