Is There a Way to Create New Text File

I would like to setup right click on the Create New Folder Icon to create a new text file.

Is there any method to do this?

Many thanks,

Silver

Make a button which runs this command:

FileType NEW=.txt

More discussion can be found here:

Just to add to what Leo suggested, once you have your new text file button created, while you're still in customize mode right click the Create Folder button and choose the option to make it a 3 button button. Next drag and drop (or copy and paste) your new create text file button into the 3 button button. If you do it right when you exit customize mode a left click on the create folder button will create a new subfolder, and a right click will create a new text file.

This works only for text files. What about Microsoft Excel files?

Thanks very much. That did the trick.

This doesn't work for Excel files. Why?

One of the following should work for creating new Excel documents depending upon what version of Excel you have.

FileType NEW=.xls NEWNAME="My New Excel File"
FileType NEW=.xlsx NEWNAME="My New Excel File"

No need to ask the same question twice.

If you create a file using "Filetype New=.XYZ" then there has to be a "new handler" for the .XYZ type. i.e. In the "New" menu that appears when you right-click the file display background there has to be an item for the type.

If you have Office 2007 installed then there isn't a new handler for .XLS files. There is one for .XLSX files, though:

Filetype NEW=.xlsx

For creating new files for types that don't have a handler you can either use a command which creates an empty file or, if empty files aren't valid for the file type, you can create an empty file somewhere and make a button which copies it to the current folder.

Thanks...this one did the trick.