Is there a way to customize keys in the editors?

Hello.. My question is, is there a way to customize the editing keys in
command editor etc?

Every app I use usually uses dual keys to do these operations:
Copy - Ctrl-C, Ctrl-Ins
Cut - Ctrl-X, Shift-Del
Paste - Ctrl-V, Shift-Ins

except DO.
Is there a way to make DO do the same?

There's no way to make the editor recognise Ctrl-Ins, Shift-Del, Shift-Ins at the moment. I've just sent a feature request to GPSoftware asking for this to be changed as it definitely makes sense.

I guess until now everybody has used Ctrl-C/X/V so nobody noticed until now. :slight_smile:

[quote="leo"]There's no way to make the editor recognise Ctrl-Ins, Shift-Del, Shift-Ins at the moment. I've just sent a feature request to GPSoftware asking for this to be changed as it definitely makes sense.

I guess until now everybody has used Ctrl-C/X/V so nobody noticed until now. :slight_smile:[/quote]

Thank you :slight_smile:

I guess I'm a bit oldstyle, but when everything accepts those keys in addition to the keys specified on the menus (they aren't shown on the menus very often nowadays) it becomes a bit confusing when a program doesn't support them.

I guess these keys has been used so much that it is sort of a de-facto standard to support them in addition to those specified on the menus (heck, even notepad supports them).

Regards

I guess this shouldn't be a problem to implement in all the editors (command, script, etc) as those keys aren't used for anything to begin with.

For people using the Ctrl+X etc this won't make any difference, but for
those used to the other set (maybe due to assorted IDE's, etc) it will.

We'll definitely enable these keys in the next version, it's just an oversight that they don't work already (the editor control we use is a third-party component, and no one until now has ever reported this issue!)

This is good news..
I guess there are more than just me with the issue, but it isn't critical so is probably just silently grieved about.

I tend to use those keycombos without thinking, then become a bit surprised when things don't work the way they're expected to.

I gave it some thought myself before asking, but eventually decided to ask about a way to achieve it at least.. Convinience you know.

I guess it's what you're used to, I can never remember which way round Ctrl-Insert and Shift-Insert go. Actually, come to that, I can never remember which key is the Insert key since I use it so infrequently and my keyboard has no key markings :slight_smile: