Is there a windows explorer equivalent to this command?

Hi, please let me explain the backstory a little:

I wrote a selenium script to upload some images and I use it by sending files to it with a right click in the shell:sendto menu.

With dopus it works fine with this command to send the selected files to the script and set them as a variable.

"C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopusrt.exe" /cmd CLIPBOARD COPYNAMES=single

(Only limitation I saw so far is 200 files max, not a big issue for me but would like to know if it's possible to bypass that as well.)

I would like to simply know if there is a windows explorer equivalent to this command?

Yes this may no be very dopus related I admit, but since you have it implemented in your software I figured you may know the answer to that, if you please can help me sort this one out. This would probably get me going better and faster than the Microsoft forums.

Thanks again

There is a much better way for external programs to get a list of selected files from Opus, both in terms of robustness and in terms of not overwriting the clipboard contents. See Retrieving File and Folder Information.

There may be a way via COM but I'm not sure. Try asking on Stack Overflow maybe.

Perfect, I will try that thanks again for your input.

1 Like