Jobs bar appears only on new listers

If I set DOpus to show jobs bar automatically after start new job and I have few listers open already, jobs bar appears only in active source lister and newly opened listers, not in previously opened.

BTW. I report this as a bug, but maybe it is how it works? I assume that if jobs bar shows on every new listers, then should be visible on previosly opened listers too. I'm using other fullscreen programs (like browsers, email clients etc.) and open listers on top of them by key shortcut or by bring to front old listers. In that case I don't know if any operations are in progress.

Any answer would be welcome. :slight_smile:

If you need an answer right now: That's just how it works and how it has always worked.

Maybe there's a case for changing things. I'm not sure which way makes the most sense. (Existing windows getting the jobs bar, or new windows not getting it.) It's something for us to think about, but we haven't thought about it in depth yet, and it's possible there's a reason for the way it currently works which I haven't thought of or remembered yet (it's not my design so that's quite possible).

Existing windows getting the jobs bar - it will be great. Jobs should be shown on every lister. If I have, for example, 5 listers open and two of them are using as source/dest for copying files and if I doing something in any program (for example - browser) and bring to front one of the other lister (using alt+tab), then I want to know that copying (or other operations) are in progress.

This thread may be closed (but still this option can be useful to someone). There is script that opens jobs bar automatically on new listers and works great. I made separate thread with bug report about closing jobs bar in some cases, but this is something different.

In the next beta we will be adding new options to always show the jobs bar (without needing a script), and to control whether it appears in other windows if it appears for a job launched in one window.