Just checking Opus does what I think it does!

Vague heading - sorry, but just checking my understanding of what Opus does during major clean-ups.
When Opus compares folders and files on different disks, does it effectively ignore the folders when it comes to comparing contents of the two drives?
Maybe this helps explain my question further.
I carry out a 2-way copy
Drive D Folder A has Files 1, 2, 3, 5
Drive E Folder A has file 1, Folder C has file 2, Folder D has file 3
File 4 is on Drive E (but not on Drive D)

If I do the same way but a 1-way copy of D to E deleting files not on D I assume File 4 is deleted regardless of where it is on E

I'm not sure if I've understood the question.

Assuming a one-way sync D to E, set to delete files that don't exist:

The paths do matter, but since File 4 doesn't exist anywhere on D, and you're deleting files that don't exist on D, File 4 would be deleted from E whether the paths mattered or not.

If you had

• D:\Folder A\File 4.txt
  • E:\Folder B\File 4.txt

and you did a one-way sync from D to E, set to delete files that don't exist, then:

• D:\Folder A\File 4.txt would be copied to E:\Folder A\File 4.txt
  • E:\Folder B\File 4.txt would be deleted

I'm not sure I have the question clear in my own mind!
Thanks for the prompt response.

I think you have answered the question I didn't clearly phrase.

If I understand your answer correctly, carrying out a one-way synch with delete ticked, and the source drive clear of duplicates, it would copy across files that need synched and delete any duplicates of those files that were in other folders of the destination drive.
In other words a one way synch copies files from source to destination (if needed) and deletes duplicates in other folders on the destination drive as long as the file exists in the source.

Just trying to get my head round this one concept make me admire your abilities, even more than I already did, in having produced such a complex and effective bit of software!

That's correct!