Keyboard shortcut to create a new txt file with notepad

None of the commands in this thread open Notepad, unless I've missed one in all the posts.

i know, i manually changed that to this, but learned the standard code was better

function OnClick(clickData)
{
	var cmd = clickData.func.command;

var fso = new ActiveXObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject");
	var TXTPath = fso.BuildPath(clickData.func.sourceTab.path, "MyNote.txt");

if (fso.FileExists(TXTPath)){
	    var txtFileMeta = fso.GetFile(TXTPath);
		txtFileMeta.Attributes = 0; // Clear Read-Only + Hidden.
	}
		var txtFile = fso.CreateTextFile(TXTPath, true, true);
	}

This code can create a txt file in UTF-16 LE BOM
I am not a script writer expert, here lxp or Leo or any other fellow script expert can customize this code for UTF-8 BOM.
I copy this code from another script, maybe all the line of this script code not be needed I'm not sure about that. but probably you can start with this code. Please post the final solution code here. Thanks

See the documentation on the object and method you are using to open the text file, and how to open it in Unicode mode:

this is fantastic. I've been trying work out how to do this in dopus for two years! lol
I've done it using marcos from outside programs [sometimes with bugs it there's any lag in the commands being sent to dopus]

I've come up with this from this post, works instantly, .... my question is ... how do i sent the command to open it \ press {enter} instantaly? from with the Function definition?

thanks
X

Try adding

{sourcepath}readme.info.x.txt

i added that to the end

Copy "C:\Users\CLOUDEN\User Programs CLOUDEN\xblanktemplates\readme.info.x.txt" HERE {sourcepath}readme.info.x.txt

it gave me this dialoge box

Needs to be a new line.

PRESTO! thank you! thank you!

i need start a crash course in js apparently.