KingOfDaClick's Pack 2020 - (.ocb file only)

This is starting to get a little cluttered and off-topic. Please ask your questions in the Help & Support forum as they're generic configuration questions rather than specific to this theme.

hey Guys ....been a while...
in regards to the questions above.

-"customize the paths corresponding to the buttons"

right click on toolbar, then Customize, then right click on the button and click "edit".
you can easily edit buttons paths in there.

• "Also, in the Settings->Customize->Toolbars tab if the "Image Size" for the "SideBar Left", "SideBar Right" & "ToolBar" (of whatever color) are set to "small", the icons are replaced by a generic smiley face"
    =
    i'm sorry to say that this theme doesn't support small icons yet..(maybe with my next release it will).

"I think I was floating and unfloating the left bar when I noticed that it'd ended up as a horizontal toolbar on top, & couldn't get it to again become a vertical toolbar on the left. Is there a simple answer to this too?"

=
if you experience any toolbars going to the top...i recommend clicking the theme changer button (top right corner) and selecting another theme off the list. that that will close the current toolbars and open another set...then re click the theme changer button and select the desired theme and that should place everything back in order, if not...right click on a toolbar and uncheck "lock toolbars" and move the toolbar manually yourself to the desired location.

Good luck and hopefully you'll enjoy using Directory Opus

I agree with the above ... In my threads for this post, I see no link for the KODC.zip download ... only the references to it.

I would love to try this theme.

Can anyone just send a link to me please.

Tnx

ALAN

[quote="fotos4fun"]I agree with the above ... In my threads for this post, I see no link for the KODC.zip download ... only the references to it.

I would love to try this theme.

Can anyone just send a link to me please.

Tnx

ALAN[/quote]

scroll right and you'll see the download link>>>

pics are large so it makes it hard to see the download link...i'll fix that soon....

Hi.
I've installed this into my themes folder.

Themes/KODC ALL IN ONE PACK.ocb
Themes/KODC Cameleon (folder)

And i've checked, all the graphic files ARE within the KODC Cameleon folder

I do the restore and it seemingly works, all new icons, new toolbars, lister layout etc... are there, BUT the background is pure back. The 'Theme Changer' wand does nothing. Trying to change the look in 'toolbars/layouts does nothing (the 3 themes are listed there) It seems none of the graphics are being found?

Any ideas?

Thanks

What is the theme changer wand?

See this FAQ for how to load background images:

[HOW TO: Understand and Configure Background Images)

For toolbars, once you had added an image to the Preferences page shown in that FAQ, you can then OK/Apply Preferences and go to Customize -> Toolbars to set which image the toolbar displays.

Oh sorry..the theme changer 'wand' is part of the theme. It as a wand icon on the top right which should change the theme from the 3 available in the KODC ALL IN ONE PACK package.

I know how to load images but I assumed that this all in one package with all the preset themes....would do it automatically. That's what itsays and shows in the initial post ...3 three images of the different themes...using the 'wand' (top right of initial post pictures).

Or am I wrong?

Sounds like the package has changed since I last looked at it. The changer/package isn't part of Opus itself but hopefully the author will see this and help you.

[quote="Shelley"]Hi.
I've installed this into my themes folder.

Themes/KODC ALL IN ONE PACK.ocb
Themes/KODC Cameleon (folder)

And i've checked, all the graphic files ARE within the KODC Cameleon folder

I do the restore and it seemingly works, all new icons, new toolbars, lister layout etc... are there, BUT the background is pure back. The 'Theme Changer' wand does nothing. Trying to change the look in 'toolbars/layouts does nothing (the 3 themes are listed there) It seems none of the graphics are being found?

Any ideas?

Thanks[/quote]

Hi Shelly

it seems you installed the theme to your own theme folder
this has to be unziped to
C:\KODC Themes
it won't find the image files unless it gets unzipped to that folder.

anyways good luck with it and i hope u like

Cheers

C:\KODC Themes\KODC ALL IN ONE PACK.ocb

AHA!!!!!!

It now works fine. Thanks KODC.

Hi. I installed the theme this morning and just wanted to say that it's really beautiful. I love the way you can change the colors w/the wand for lots of variety. Fantastic work!

I'm customizing some of the toolbars, however when I switch to another colored theme using the "Wand", the new toolbar changes do not stick. They only work with the original colored theme I made the changes in. Is there anyway around this? Thanks!

HI HCOUR
thanks and i'm glad you liked the theme,

In regards to your question, that's one of the limitations this theme has. The wand button works by closing and opening different toolbars ...i've made different toolbars for each colored theme....now when you modify one colored theme (like you stated)...the modifications won't be applied to another colored theme because it is a totally different toolbar ....the only way around this is to modify all the colored theme individually one by one.

You can do this by clicking the wand button and selecting say "Blue"...make your changes..then click "brown" and again make your changes to that colored theme...and so on until you've gone through all the colored themes and done them all.

the good news is that when you have applied all your changes they will stick. i also recommend that you use the backup and restore and backup your configuration. this will save you from having to modify it ever again.

Anyways hopefully that will make things clearer about how the wand button works and how to manage it.

Cheers,
KingOfDaClick......

Ok, thanks. Sounds simple enough!

H

Hello,

I have installed your theme and I really like it, good stuff. I have one question. Ever since I "restored" my configuration to your theme, DOpus is no longer remembering the last windows size and location. I had backed up my own configuration before loading yours, and even restoring my old config does not seem to fix the problem. Do you know what controls this setting?

Cheers,
Russell.

I just figured it out. I just needed to resize my window and the click Settings > Set as Default Lister

Love this theme, but I had 2 questions that I can't seem to figure out. First, when you install the theme, and it's running and what not, do we have to keep the extracted folder created: "Extract to C:\KODC Themes", or can we delete that folder once we have installed the theme?

Also, when I click the favorites menu, I see items that aren't going to work on my computer, example: E:Movies, or something, but I don't know how to delete these entries that I don't want/need, how do you do that? Thanks again, beautiful work...

[quote="r3d DaWn"]Love this theme, but I had 2 questions that I can't seem to figure out. First, when you install the theme, and it's running and what not, do we have to keep the extracted folder created: "Extract to C:\KODC Themes", or can we delete that folder once we have installed the theme?

Also, when I click the favorites menu, I see items that aren't going to work on my computer, example: E:Movies, or something, but I don't know how to delete these entries that I don't want/need, how do you do that? Thanks again, beautiful work...[/quote]

Hi r3d DaWn
thanks glad you liked my skin...i worked pretty hard on it. In regards to the "C:\KODC Themes" folder, please don't delete that, if you do you'll lose the toolbar picture and the wand bottom won't work...
if it annoys u just right click on the folder and go propeties and check Hidden (that will hide the folder).

in regards to your second question, to click "Favorites" (on the menu), then click "edit Favorites"
propeties configuration window will popup, you'll see a list of catagories. click on "smartfavorites"... in there you'll see "clear smartfavorites lists" click on that.

hope that didn't sound too confusing,
Cheers,
KingOfDaClick

Thank you for the help...

thanks for this theme
but i did not find the download link
KODC.zip download
where do you put it