KingOfDaClick's Pack 2020 - (.ocb file only)

Hey KingOfDaClicks,

Many thanks for your hard work and effort into the brilliant theme. I have installed it fine but have a couple of teething issues which I hope you can help with:

1. How do I change the colour of the drop down menu background?

2. How do I add folder links to the left or right vertical bars? The ones with the Home, Web, Email, Docs etc.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

ADV86

Hey ADV86
thanks for the positive feed back, in regards to your questions please see below.

1. How do I change the colour of the drop down menu background?
    click on config button (next to wand)
    "Preferences" windows will show up, in there under "display"
    click "toolbar"
    change "toolbar style" from "standard" to "office 2003"
    from there you can make changes to the looks of the drop down menu's.

2. How do I add folder links to the left or right vertical bars? The ones with the Home, Web, Email, Docs etc.
    this one is a much easier question, first you need to enter into customize mode.
    do this by right clicking on any toolbar and click "customize"
    customize window will pop up, ignore it (don't close it)
    right click on button you with you edit and click "edit"
    in there you will be able to change folder path location/icons etc..

anyways hope that helps...most likely you already figured all this out on your own.
regards,
KingOfDaClick

How do you apply this theme? It has no .dtl file!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It says how in the very first post.

Note that this is NOT really a theme. It will replace your entire Opus configuration, including all preferences, folder formats, etc. (not just cosmetic stuff; everything)

great point Leo... Would be nice to add on first post for us noobs, then again being we are noobs... if something screws up it's not much to rebuild.

It is already in the first post. In bold.

Should Be NICE and Clear now.

Has anyone tried this theme with Directory Opus 11 yet?

Mike5614

Hi Mike
Just updated the Theme For Directory opus11
Enjoy

How come I can't change toolbar colors. Am I missing something. Using Dopus 11.

Mike5614

hi Mike
Are you getting black toolbars, if so then it means your images are not loading up...meaning it not installed in
C:\KODC Themes

Make sure its not C:\KODC Themes\KODC Themes

Wish i could upload an installer but it seems to only allow zip uploads (security reason no doubt).

Got that straightened out but now when I change the color of a toolbar it moves the toolbar. How do I keep the toolbars in their current locations. In other words when I change the color of the left sidebar how do I keep it as the left sidebar, for some reason changing the color moves the toolbar.

Thanks, Mike5614

Hello,
I'm real pleased with this theme but having added the "Viewer Pane" button to the Operations toolbar, the viewer pane doesn't function properly for me. The hex view doesn't work at all. It either displays black when it should automatically display in hex (for exe, dll, etc. files) or it displays white for files it can display normally (txt, pdf, etc.) when I press the "Hex View" button on the control bar at the bottom of the viewer pane.
Any idea what's wrong?
Thanks.

This is my first attempt to use the same, which was a bit of a disaster. I was not able to produce the same and I also lost directory opus entirely, thank God for backup and restore.

This is what I attempted to do. I'm using Opus 11.5. I was attempting to use the theme , screenshot 2, located at KingOfDaClick's Pack 2018 - (.ocb file only).

I tried downloading KODC Themes.zip and a few other things. There was a lot of icons in some of the downloads. My concern is less about the icons. Especially the ones that drive you buggy lol.

The theme I'm trying to use the one that is brown which I think would be called camel.

Can someone help my work they absolute direction on how I can go about installing that theme.
Bob

Hi Robert
if your familiar with the "backup and restore" feature in Directory Opus all you need to do is the following.

1. Download KODC Themes.zip
  2. Extract that zip file to C:\KODC Themes (make sure its not C:\KODC Themes\KODC Themes)
  3. Open the "Backup and Restore" feature and the open the following file "KODC 2014 - Large Icons.ocb" (its found in "C:\KODC Themes")
  4. Restart directory opus and it should then appear.

Also you can change toolbar colours (brown toolbars you mentioned) by clicking on the "wand icon" button (2nd last icon - top far right)
Good luck

Regards,
KODC

Just be aware that if you do this you'll lose your own configuration, so make sure you back it up first.

It sure sounds easy using the "backup and restore". I'm going to try right now thanks a lot for your help.
Bob

Yes it sure was easy to install. 123 done.

I'm trying to get the screen to, light brown, appearance. Also my display is more of a flat math color. I'm not getting the shiny appearance that I see in the display.

Bob

Good evening King,
I am using DO at work from a usb key. I do not want to put the kodc theme folder on the work computer hd. Is there a way to keep the kodc theme folder on the usb key and be able to change theme colors?

[quote="apophus"]Hello,
I'm real pleased with this theme but having added the "Viewer Pane" button to the Operations toolbar, the viewer pane doesn't function properly for me. The hex view doesn't work at all. It either displays black when it should automatically display in hex (for exe, dll, etc. files) or it displays white for files it can display normally (txt, pdf, etc.) when I press the "Hex View" button on the control bar at the bottom of the viewer pane.
Any idea what's wrong?
Thanks.[/quote]

Has anyone else seen the above behavior?
Thanks.