Label-filter configuration issue with script columns

Hi folks!

I noticed several times, that there is an issue when setting up labels (for a folder path only maybe) in conjunction with script columns.
The label-filter editor does not remember the correct script column and value chosen. As soon as you close the folder format editor and reopen it, it shows a different column.

Please watch the screenies. I updated to 11.8 some seconds ago to make sure this topic is as fresh as can be. o)
This might be related to columns being present that carry the same name, I have three "modified" columns coming from several scripts e.g.

Choosing the right column:

After closing the label- and folderformat-editor and reopening the label-filter editor:

Thanks for watching! o)
Btw: It's hard to decide on what column comes from what script in that dropdown unless you put a prefix in the colum label, which then is disturbing in other places.

If it's of any help, I could zip my scripts folder and put it here?
I guess, whatever the cause for this misbehaviour is, should be much easier to track down with the scripts I use.
I promise, that there's no malware included.. I think at least. o)

Sure, that might be very helpful.

Bump :slight_smile:

Yes yes! I didn't really forget o).

The thing is, while trying to determine a specific script, which might be the cause for this, I got into more unpleasant issues after moving scripts out of "script-addins" and putting them back-in one by one. For example all script columns used in folder formats were suddenly totally blank and script commands/buttons did not work because of a total loss of script-configs (I guess the internal ids got mixed up or something). That was a really bad experience I must say and actually led to some severe demotivation. o) Additionally DO 11.8 still seems to crash a lot, when using script columns more extensively, so it's a bit of a chaos situation here. Wah! o))

OnTop: After I repaired some of the configurations, setting up filter labels using column-results suddenly seemed to work as expected, so what the hell?

Now after your bump, I took another approach and looked a bit closer:
If I make use of the "SW.Status" column, the label filter editor remembers this column and the value to be checked against. So this is good.
But if I choose the "Summary" column e.g. (from whatever script that comes from), it switches back to "Is Modified?" after closing the prefs completely and reopening the filter label editor for the fixed path folder format (path matches /dopusdata/script addins). Before this, it was the "SW.Status" column which would not save correctly, so whatever is going on, it' did not manage to get any closer to the cause in the meantime.

Now, I really have to throw that little pile of scripts at you. This is the folder of my setup at work, it's not that stuffed, but leads to the same problem.

Thank you! o)
(sorry for the wall of text, that wasn't intended)

Thanks! Will be fixed in the next update.

For weeks I suffered and now you fix that within minutes? Good job! o)

Do you have a clue, why my script-configs got "defaulted" and all columns were screwed so badly?

Whenever columns die (normally because of a filename/script-change e.g.), I wish there was something to replace columns.
I checked the config files already for this. There's no chance for a find/replace attack on column ids, right?

Is 11.8.2 the "next" update? o)
There was no fix mentioned regarding this issue in the change history and after testing, it seems nothing has changed.
Just in case it should work with this latest beta release, it still does not.

Thanks in every case!
I'm still testing the other new additions, several minor things making some big improvements! Very appreciated! o)

Sorry, it didn't quite make it in the end, but I promise it will be in the next one :slight_smile:

Np, take your time! Knowing that this is addressed is very comforting already. o)

Jon, can you remember, has this fix been released eventually?

It was today with v11.13.3 where I found some labels to use the wrong script column all of a sudden.
I guess it was related to updating a script which had some changes to its column names while also adding/removing cols.

I needed to re-set all the labels, and for some I needed to do it twice or three times (doing it very slowly eventually, using tabulator and mouse to "blur/defocus" the text inputs to make the change "arrive" as good as can be).

In the end I successfully re-did the label configuration, but a strange feeling about that remains, especially since columns can get mixed up it seems.

Yes this went out in the 11.8.4 beta.