Last Date Modified info in status bar

Since I'm using list mode I use status bar to get more info on selected files. In OnTrack Powerdesk I had info about last date of modification of file and I find that really useful.

It would be good to make all info available in status bar for customization (dates, attribs, even pic size or mp3 info and video info) and then we can choose what we want to put there according to our preferences.

Isn't that the point of all the customization in DOpus?

Well don't use list mode if you want file information.

Listmode is simply a way of showing a lot of filenames in a small amount of space - occasionally useful but no good for real file management.

Why not create a 3Button button which has Details and List mode as the LMB and RMB function respectively?

Set VIEW=List

and

Set VIEW=Details

will do this.

I'm using list mode because that way I have more files in a window pane which makes me work faster.

What's all that customization for if a person can't customize list mode as well? Maybe list mode should be removed completely then.

I don't want to use other modes because I'm quickest in list mode. I've been using OnTrack Powerdesk for long and it really rocks.

Now, Dopus is an amazing product, but list mode is lacking so many things that are considered normal in other apps.

It's not exactly what you're asking for, but are you aware that just placing your mouse pointer over a file name and waiting for about a second in any mode pops up an info box with pertinent information about that file?

I love that feature when dealing with digital photos and music.

By the way as a former PowerDesk user myself, I was very happy with that file manager. But after migrating to DOpus and spending the past 18 months or so learning to use this one, I wouldn't go back to PowerDesk if someone offered to pay me to.

DOpus isn't perfect, not yet anyway, but with each new version that comes out, it's getting closer and closer to perfection IMO.

John

Suits me ... and the two icon modes, and trees and ....

Seriously mate, you are using a mode that's specifically designed to not show information in exchange for more files on screen. Use a real mode - if it's about number of visible files, try powermode with the icons turned off.

List mode and dragNdrop, whilst having uses, should not be the ONLY way you use Opus - if they are then you're missing out on 95% of the fun...

And that's exactly why status bar is for. To provide more info.

I have and found out that I'm not faster in everyday file managing.
Seriously mate, this "don't use it cause it's not for powerusers" is just a childish reply. Either do something about it or put a disclamer stating "it's not for use with list mode and/or drag & dropping".

Now, I'll shutup :slight_smile:

P.S. to JohnZeman - I'm using hovering tips all the time. It seems to be the only way :slight_smile:

[quote]I have and found out that I'm not faster in everyday file managing.
Seriously mate, this "don't use it cause it's not for powerusers" is just a childish reply. Either do something about it or put a disclamer stating "it's not for use with list mode and/or drag & dropping".
[/quote]

Do NOT put words into my mouth. I did not say you should use another mode as listmode 'is not for powerusers'. I simply said that you are missing out on a lot of the fun in Opus by using such a limited mode.