Left & Right Arrow Keys for Folder Navigation

How can I set up Left and Right Arrow keys to go to parent folder and open selected folder (or file) respectively? Preferably, this behavior should only apply when file lister is focused.

Try this

50%20-%20Command_Editor_-_Directory_Opus 15%20-%20Command_Editor_-_Directory_Opus

Go FROMSEL might be preferable for the right arrow, unless you want it to also run exe files and open images, etc.

I got the left arrow to work but what did you use for the right arrow. I'm not seeing the choices in that post. You are doing this under Customize>Keys, yes?

Yes.

2022-12-07 - 19.35.41

Simply hit the key after selecting this field:

2022-12-07 - 19.37.27

Enter this or Leo's alternative suggestion:

Ah. Ok. I was missing the advanced options. This works for me now.
I am having one issue though. So if I use the left arrow to go back (using the Go UP command) it works, but the folder I came from doesn't get selected automatically. So I have to hit the down key and back up to select, then hit the right arrow to enter that folder. Is there a way to fix this?

Turn on Preferences / Folders / Folder Behavior / Select previous folder when going Up.

Using Go UP BACK instead of Go UP is probably also preferable if you're doing that. It'll pull the parent directory, including selection(s) and scroll position, from history if you recently came from it. Selection will usually be the directory you're leaving, since it was selected to go into it.

That's perfect. Thanks!
I'm finding a similar issue with the right arrow key. Once I "go right" one level, there is nothing selected. So if I want to "go right" another level, I have to hit down, up, then right. Any similar solve for that?

Preferences / File Displays / Options / Automatically select first file in folder (except in Power Mode)

(There's a similar, separate option for Power Mode, if you're using that.)

Excellent! Thanks again!