Leo's vids

I’m just posting to say thanks to Leo for making these videos showcasing some of the new featured of Directory Opus. I do read the release notes but they don’t always bring home the significance of some of the new things you can do. With Leo’s examples it really shows what can be done and helps make the software even more useful. So thanks Leo and please keep it up, I’m sure a lot of people would get some benefit from viewing them.

Directory Opus is one of the most powerful, customisable applications i’ve ever used and it just keeps getting better.

+100

Agree, but this belongs to coffeeshop-area.

+10.2 :wink:

Glad y'all like them!

I don't know how interesting they'll be to anyone but here are a couple of "behind the scenes" videos of the videos (Xzibit would be proud).

Impressive.

I am looking forward to the outtakes, bloopers and the gag reel :laughing:

I also missed the cat-jumps-on-keyboard-leo-screams parts! Dont tell me your cats are that well-behaved they never do that, Leo! :smiley:

My cat goes ape**** as soon as I start talking into a phone or microphone. She does not want me to make these things. :slight_smile:

I have lots of outtakes (those hundreds of edits in the audio timeline aren't just to get the timing right :slight_smile: ), though listening to all the source files will take some time...

We got plenty of time^^ Cant wait to hear that :smiley:

I also think those videos are very useful.

One thing I might want to change: you could try to speak a little more clearly/slowly. As English is not my native language, it's sometimes hard to get every single word you say. But that's just my opinion.

That's why I provide the subtitles and transcript. :slight_smile:

I do try to speak slowly & clearly, as much as I can without falling asleep. (Someone's complained about how boring my voice is when I do it. I can't win! :slight_smile: Well, they're kinda right, too.) I do slip up and talk quickly sometimes, so apologies for that, but I re-record those parts if I notice in time. Sometimes I don't notice until it's too late. I always end up wishing I had time to re-record the whole voice over (and re-do parts of the video), but if I did that kind of thing then each video would end up taking a week to make, which is too much. :slight_smile:

TBH, I'd like to speak faster and not sound so dull, but I'm trying to resist that urge. Hopefully the subtitles help, either way, for people who know they can be turned on. (I need to remember to stop putting vital stuff in the bottom third of the video as the subtitles sometimes cover things up. OTOH, YouTube's transcript option solves that in a way by putting the text under the video instead of on top of it.)

I agree the videos are very handy. Your voice is not what I expected base on your dopus avatar.
Leo, what was the noise at 8:13 on this latest one?

youtube.com/watch?v=cdbYsoEasio

[quote="leo"]That's why I provide the subtitles and transcript. :slight_smile:
TBH, I'd like to speak faster and not sound so dull, but I'm trying to resist that urge.[/quote]

You sound clear and confident. No need to change a thing.

Such video takes so much time to do and it is seen in only few minutes... So, thanks for providing us an easy and much more entertaining way to learn about new DOpus feature.
I usually watch the videos one time and I save each of the them for watching at any moment as I can decide to use a new feature only few months later. I am still laughing when I see the Win8 start screen+the scream...and it comes from someone who likes Win8. Good job :smiley:

Leo's videos have been a great resource. I agree that seeing a feature demonstrated really helps in figuring out how it may fit in with my own workflow.

I choked on my water when I heard the Wilhelm. Unexpected and awesome. I always get a kick out of it. We will be watching some random TV show, and I will start laughing to myself, while those around me are completely oblivious to the Wilhelm.

Professorial is the word that comes to my mind. Well done Leo.

[quote="leo"]That's why I provide the subtitles and transcript. :slight_smile:

I do try to speak slowly & clearly, as much as I can without falling asleep. (Someone's complained about how boring my voice is when I do it. I can't win! :slight_smile: Well, they're kinda right, too.) I do slip up and talk quickly sometimes, so apologies for that, but I re-record those parts if I notice in time. Sometimes I don't notice until it's too late. I always end up wishing I had time to re-record the whole voice over (and re-do parts of the video), but if I did that kind of thing then each video would end up taking a week to make, which is too much. :slight_smile:
[/quote]

Leo, thankyou for the videos.
The subtitles are very useful. I use subtitles when viewing anything British or Australian.
It eliminates going back to listen closer to a few missed words.

I find the speed of your speech just about right.

Your voice is far different than I had ever imagined. I had imagined your voice was similar to Mick Jagger's.
It does make some sense though, I had a medical ultrasound done on me a few months ago and I noted the model of the Phillips machine.
I later found on the Phillips website a video about the transducer made by a UK educated Biophysics professor in Toronto.
It's still British English, but there is something sharply similar to your video speech, and at the same time different but interesting.