LinkedTab_AutoOpen_Handler: Open related folder tabs automatically

There is yet another cool thing about the LinkedTab script, as i just found out: it is possible to also use aliases, which works fine, like /Progs1 || /Progs2.

Hmmm... that's interesting. I can't say that was on purpose :slight_smile:. I guess the DOpus.FSUtil.ComparePath() method resolves aliases without it being documented as being able to.

Cool!

I thought something similar already existed in 12? Maybe I'm wrong... Either way it would be useful to be able to open more than 1 other folder if this supports it, if not I am working on a proper tabs script package to correct a lot of the issues I have with DOpus and this isn't a bad idea... BUT to make things simple why not simply integrate it with the saved-tabs / tab-groups system?

Ie pull a list of the tab groups and if the name starts with Linked: or whatever ( with the path there ) then you open that and the tab group is opened ( only if the tabs don't previously exist, otherwise it'll get spammy when moving through folders... my Proper tabs will incorporate re-using tabs )

I may look at this though for the configuration system example although I won't be using VBS ( Doesn't support underscore in variable name; I use 1 underscore at the start of a variable to denote local, none for CONSTant, ENUMeration, global, etc.. and 2 for "internal" such as a data-set, reference to a function which was redirected, etc... ) and will be using JS...

There's nothing in Opus that does what Andreas originally wanted this script to do. If you want a 'trigger folder to open more than one other 'paired' folder... then yes, I'd say to open a tab group. I can look at adding tab-group support, should be trivial to do it with some sort of prefix in one of the pairings like I used to add regex support.