Lister always opening using the "previous tab"

No matter what I seem to do, no matter what settings I play with, when i open a new listed (after a reboot or if i close the systray icon) it always opens up with the "previous" tab selected. It also opens up with the "previous" tab if i close the listed and double click the systray icon to open a new one.

What is listed in previous is both tabs show the desktop in large icon mode. Nowhere have I set this up anywhere. If i select under startup to use the previous config... that works, and lists the 2 drives i want, but the previous tab is AGAIN selected. Why can it not select the tab called "mine" that i have listed as what I want it to start up with.

It refuses to open using what I set in the startup preferences which is set to open using an existing layout "mine". I even tried putting d:\ and e:\ as part of the default lister in the prefs but that does not help either.

Any ideas?

The PREVIOUS lister style tab is supposed to behave that way according to the pdf help file page 28. I tend to agree with you however that it would be nicer if we could specify a defined lister style to be the default instead.

However you still should be able to configure DOpus to launch a new lister using whatever saved layout you want, I do. I have a saved lister layout called "Normal" that is set up exactly the same as my "@Default" saved lister style. By switching either to the "Normal" saved layout, or to the "@Default" saved lister style, I effectively reset DOpus to my defaults (I probably should rename both to have the same name eh?).

To do this, besides setting the saved layout to open in PREFS/STARTUP, I also set it on the PREFS/LAYOUT/OPENING LISTERS tab.

If it is normal that it does that then why is there an option under startup to have it choose which layout i want it to load? I have it set to "Mine" there. If the system overrides that, why bother even having the option. Besides, where is it come up with showing the Desktop on both panes?

Layouts and Styles are two different things.

Their functionality overlaps in places but they're not the same.

Hey Father... do you have Update Default Lister settings when Listers are closed selected in the Preferences->Layout->Opening Listers tab?

[quote]
steje wrote:
Hey Father... do you have Update Default Lister settings when Listers are closed selected in the Preferences->Layout->Opening Listers tab?[/quote]

Ya i do.

I dont get it, I just want it to open up using the "mine" tab and all the options i have set for it. Why should i have to open it up under the previous tab... whcih is not configured the way i like and cant seem to figure out how... and then click the "mine" tab. While that works, seems kind of pointless i cant just open a new lister that way.