Lister Displays Of Folders Not Auto-Refreshing After 13.5 Upgrade

Prior to the 13.5 upgrade, when file/folder operations (copy, move, delete, etc) were conducted, the displayed folder contents in both source and destination updated in real-time, as changes happened. This was true regardless of whether the locations were local, network drives, or a mixture. Now NO folders refresh without F5 or Refresh being manually done, no matter where they are. I've even restored my configuration from a backup taken in March, before the upgrade to 13.5, and listers still don't refresh folder contents until I manually refresh them. This is an unacceptable alteration of function. How do I get this to work as it has in every version of DOpus since v9?

Best place to start:

I'm going thru this list now, but I feel the need to point out again: this ONLY started happening after the 13.5 upgrade. I have changed zero settings, and there are zero changes to the configuration of the system otherwise. This is a new change that occurred without any user-initiated changes to anything. The only alteration is the new version.

13.5 didn't change how anything related worked, that I know of at least, and we'd have a lot of reports (including from ourselves!) if the update broke this. It's more likely a coincidence (or different exes triggering different behavior in antivirus or similar, which can interfere with change notifications in rare cases; we've seen a few in the past).

OK, update. Super weird update, but interesting. I rolled back to v12.34 and as expected, problem went away (DOpus was drastically faster doing everything on this system in v12.x as well). Then installed v13.4 and restored the March configuration backup - and the problem didn't return. Slower than v12.x, but all drives/folders update as expected. Have stuff to do, but when I have time I'm going to upgrade to 13.5 again and see if it recurs. Super super weird. I'd expect it to be different in v12.x, but not in v13.4, just one point release before. We shall see.

You mean 12.33? There wasn't a 12.34.

It sounds like the problem isn't the Opus version but either configuration or something that was solved by reinstalling or rebooting.

Can't really comment on speed without specifics, which should be in a separate thread if you want help on that. In general, Opus 13 should be the same speed as Opus 12, or faster in a few areas. Certainly not slower.

A default config is worth a try in case the slowdown is due to a setting or script. You can use Settings > Backup & Restore to make a config backup, then do a config reset from the same place to try it. Restore the backup later via the same dialog again.

I can confirm some of this behavior myself. I upgraded to 13.5 from v12 just recently. When using 13.5 with default configuration or the same config I used from v12, I'm seeing the file display not update on copy/move/delete operations. The folder in question is a subfolder in a junction (mirrored disk volume mounted as a root folder on the system drive). File operations to a non-junction folder appear to be updating the file display normally. Uninstalling 13.5, restarting, then installing 13.4 restores the expected behavior. Upgrading from 13.4 to 13.5 breaks the expected behavior. The file display won't show the file until a refresh, but the file counter at the bottom of the file display does update. File explorer does detect the operation and updates accordingly.

Might already be fixed in the current betas.

We also have a further fix coming for issues with change notification vs mount points. Planning to do another beta in the next day or so, or early next week.