Lister Image Issues V 10.0.4.0.4448x64

I have a problem that has plagued me for days now, and I cannot seem to resolve it. I am running Dopus 10.0.4.0.4448x64 in dual lister mode. On each side I have 4 tabs open as a default setting, each tab belonging to the root of a partition. Same 4 tabs on each side, left and right. My problem is that when I try to display the same image as a background in each tab, on both sides, it does not want to work for me. I open Preferences-Images- and then click 1st on 'Standard File Display Image', then I choose the image that I want. My 2end step is to go down below to 'File Display:' and click the down arrow, and choose the exact same image as in step one.

At this point, all 4 tabs on the right show the same background image when each is clicked on. Also, all 4 tabs on the right show that exact image when they are clicked on. So, I think that all is well, and I save this setup as my Default Lister.

Problem is that when I close Dopus, then re-open it, say after a reboot, the only tabs that show my desired image is the tab for C:\ on the left side, and tab C:\ on the right side. The other three tabs on the right, and on the left, are just plain.

I have tried to save a backup when I get all the tabs to display correctly, and when I restart, and only the C:\ tabs are correct, I do a restore, but that doesn't help either.

Any help at this point will save what little hair I have left!! :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance!

Oblias2

Forgot to mention that I have read, and re-read the "HOW TO: Understand and Configure Background Images" a couple of times, to no avail. Jon, Leo, any ideas??

Well, I finally figured a way to do what I've wanted to do these last few days. I don't know if it was the 'proper' thing to do, but it worked. I went to one of the C:\ tabs, then chose the Tools-Folder Options dialog. I then clicked on the 'Save the current folder format:' Then chose 'Save for all folders, layouts, and folder tabs'

It now works as I wish, after every re-start. It seems a convoluted way of doing what I wanted, but as I say, it worked.

Issue solved.