Lister is open not showing subfolders

My default lister is shown everytime Opus is open. It is the same Lister I already used in version 9.x and its saved behavior is to show the first-level subfolders in folder panel (image 1 show this).

A strange problem appeared with Opus 10.x: the first ans second time I open Opus, it shows the lister correctly. But if I close the app and do open it a third time, the lister is shown with the subfolder structure hidden. Furter close-reopen of Opus keeps the tree always hidden (image 2).

If I reapply the lister or begin a new Windows session, again it works OK just the first and second time. I tried to save and recreate the lister, wihout change.

The image below shows the lister as it open the first and second time I start Opus:

But further Opus sessions bring the lister with the tree hidden:

Preferences / Folder Tree / Options / Expand selected branch is on, presumably, else it would never be expanded.

Does it literally happen if you open and close Opus three times in a row, with no delays?

Or does it only happen if the D:\ drive hasn't been accessed in a while, or similar?

How are you opening the window?

Does it literally happen if you open and close Opus three times in a row, with no delays?
Yes.

BTW, these are the options in use for Folder Tree:

The only thing I can think of, and which may also explain your other tree issue with the + signs on the same drive, is that the folder tree on that drive is taking a long time to populate and timing out.

I think if it takes too long to query a folder then it will give up trying to expand it, and similarly if it takes too long to find out if a folder has children then Opus will give up and display a + sign (which will go away when you click it and force Opus to look at the folder again).

But if it's a fast, local drive then I don't know why those things would be happening, unless anti-virus or something is slowing things down. (That would be rare for the folder tree, but it could happen, especially if you have Opus set to show archives in the folder tree, which could trigger a length anti-virus scan of any archive that is inspected. It might be worth turning them off, if they are on, via Preferences / Folder Tree / Appearance: ZIP files and other archives, at the bottom.)

No one of your suspections confirmed.

Folder contents are mostly small. Just minutes ago the + sing appeared incorrectly besides a folder with just 26 files and a total of 5,34MB. I'm not using antivirus and the system response is quite good. The disks are one SDD and one hybrid (Momentus XT). Formerly I was using two 5400RPM HD, with the same results.

BTW, I am still using Opus 10.0.3 due to problems I saw in 10.0.4.

Sorry, I did mention the plus sign but this is actually about the lister open not showing subfolders. Anyway, the remaining info still applies. I would like to note this error did not occurred with older Opus versions so the disk/folder content may be not an issue. As long as I can see, there is no identifiable reason to this problem until now.

What are the problems with 10.0.4.0 that are keeping you on 10.0.3.0? (Please start a new thread for them unless they're already being discussed in another thread.)

We should get you using the latest version first, since the problem you are seeing may have already been solved and if it hasn't, and it turns out it is caused by a bug that needs fixing, then we can only apply fixes to the latest version anyway.