Lister layout problem when opening from shortcuts

Hi there

After installing 12.8 on my pc I have a problem with the lister layout shortcuts on my desktop. Instead of opening the lister layout they relate to, instead both panes show the desktop.

I thought that perhaps the existing shortcuts may have become corrupted so I created new ones but they have the same issue.

If I create a shortcut in a different directory and open it, the first pane shows the directory the shortcut is in, the second pane shows the desktop.

I have uninstalled DOpus 12.8 and reinstalled - same problem.

I installed 12.8 on my laptop - no problem whatsoever, the shortcuts work fine.

Opening the lister layouts manually from saved layouts works normally.

I noticed that the shortcut icons changed on my desktop pc but not my laptop - though this seems unlikely to be a cause of the problem. Capture

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

What do you see if you select the shortcut and turn on the viewer pane?

Looks much like yours.

I'm guessing that the .dcf filetype is messed up in the registry somehow.

To check that, please do this:

• Settings > File Types
  • File > Diagnostic (at the top-left of the File Types dialog)
  • Enter .dcf as the extension and click OK.

A zip will be made on your desktop. Please post it here.

Hi Leo

I'd already considered the registry but hadn't done anything about it. As you mentioned it, I uninstalled again, scrubbed the registry and reinstalled - result: all is working as normal again.

In case you're interested for our own research purposes, I attach a diagnostics zip that I made before I uninstalled and cleaned the registry, but in terms of my problem - no further action required.

Thanks for nudging me in the right direction.

Terence

Opus_FTD_File_dcf.zip (52.1 KB)

1 Like

It looks like Open With had been used to change how .dcf files were opened. It was opening them with dopus.exe when they should be registered to run dopusrt.exe (which is a lightweight program that passes commands to dopus.exe).