Lister No Longer Automatically Refreshing

Hello,

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and DOPus 10.0.0.0.4137.x64.

I don't know what happened, but my directory lister is no longer automatically refreshing when file attributes (size, name, etc.) have been updated by another app/process.

Scenario: I am running Outlook 2010 and I use the "compact folder" feature to compress my Outlook data file. While it was doing this, my .PST/.OST files would shrink in size. In the past, while Outlook was doing this, I would switch to the DOpus lister and I would see the files shrink as Outlook was doing its thing. But now, I have to manually hit refresh (F5) to see the updated file attributes.

It's not because of a new version of DOPus because it was working fine with my current version. The only thing I can think of is one of those Windows patches. Or is it possible that I may have changed something somewhere?

This is annoying because now I'm being forced to press F5 in order to ensure that my directory listing in DOpus is accurate.

Do you have any idea as to what could be causing this issue and how I can fix it? Please let me know if you do.

Thanks!

Why aren't you running the latest version of Opus? If you think Opus may be doing something wrong, get the latest version so we're not potentially wasting time talking about something that has already been fixed. (OTOH, if you don't think Opus is doing anything wrong then I don't see how this forum can help. :slight_smile:)

What happens if you look at the files in Explorer? Depending on how the files are being updated, file-size changes do not always trigger change events that file managers can monitor. Sometimes the size-change notification only happens when the file is closed at the end of the update.

If Explorer does detect the changes while Opus does not, see the Changes to folders are not being detected FAQ for steps to diagnose what's going on.

Thanks, I'll try the new version.

Now I just realized why I wasn't getting the notification for new updates...myProxy setting was invalid. I'm glad at least that issue is fixed.

I'll let you know if the issue gets resolved.

Installing the most recent version didn't solve the issue, so I did a complete uninstall and reinstall.

It's now refreshing properly.

By the way, while it wasn't refreshing, I tested with Windows Explorer and it was refreshing as the file changed.

Anyway, all is good now!

Thanks!

Hello,

Little off the topic I would like the RMB to have a refresh command inside it like windows explorer example if your in the downloads folder I can hit the F5 button to refresh but if I click the RMB no option for refresh like windows explorer.

Gino

[quote="Gino"]Hello,

Little off the topic I would like the RMB to have a refresh command inside it like windows explorer example if your in the downloads folder I can hit the F5 button to refresh but if I click the RMB no option for refresh like windows explorer.

Gino[/quote]
You can. Right-click an empty spot in a toolbar -> Customize -> Context Menus -> Lister Context -> Show. Right-click the preview that opened and go to Insert New -> New Button. Right-click this New Button -> Edit. Change the Label to &Refresh\tF5 or whatever you like. Under Function: insert

Go REFRESH=source

[quote="ktbcrash"][quote="Gino"]Hello,

Gino[/quote]
You can. Right-click an empty spot in a toolbar -> Customize -> Context Menus -> Lister Context -> Show. Right-click the preview that opened and go to Insert New -> New Button. Right-click this New Button -> Edit. Change the Label to &Refresh\tF5 or whatever you like. Under Function: insert

Go REFRESH=source

Perfect just what I needed.

Gino :smiley:

This is driving me nuts!
I have DOpus on two machines.
The first runs smooth... Surface Pro; originally Win10, then updated to Win11. No issues so far.
Second PC with refresh issues... ASUS ZenBook, came with Win11. DOpus not working consistently well. This gremlin is elusive, some small tasks don't trigger it, but if I am working on multiple changes it occurs eventually, and once triggered it gets stuck.
I have noticed this when:

• copying or moving files from one pane to another.
  • deleting files
  • renaming files

The lister does not refresh automatically. To refresh, I have to move one folder up, then get into the working folder again to see the changes; or close the whole lister and open DOpus again. This slows down my workflow. I restart the computer and sometimes it corrects it for a little while.

I already uninstalled and reinstalled DOpus twice. No success.
I don't know if it has to do with memory allocation??

I have have had similar issues in the past with the Lister not refreshing information on "cloud" drives. I use 2: OneDrive and SynologyDrive and most of the folders in the machines are synced with the SynologyDrive. But updates have corrected this issue on the Surface Pro. I have only had my ASUS for few months, I have not been able to make it work smoothly. Note that the issue occurs with local files, but it also affects the "status" of the file, example: I rely on the attribute of the file to determine if it is in the Synology NAS only -----o- , if I click on the file, it will trigger to download it automatically, but the lister does not refresh its state automatically to -a------.

Any ideas on how to correct this issue?

Thank you for any help!

Have you been through the FAQ on this kind of issue?

Do you mean the sync-status icon overlays update in one mode but not the other?

The act of generating the thumbnails is probably confusing things there. To generate a thumbnail the file has to be stored locally (unless the sync software acts like OneDrive and can thumbnail things server-side, but I don't know if any NAS does that kind of thing).

[AA] It was for a little while, but not anymore.

[AA] I know what you mean, but I was not focusing on the thumbnail before the file was downloaded. The issue is that once the file is downloaded from the NAS, the lister is not refreshing automatically.
I noticed that XYplorer seems to download the metadata but not the file itself to be able to display the thumbnail before the file is downloaded from the NAS, but I know DOpus has never done this, and I really don't need it. What troubles me is that DOpus is working very well on one system and in another is not. Both computers have the same setup with DOpus replacing Explorer, while both OneDrive and SynologyDrive are pointing to the same folders.

Hi, This seems to be a windows explorer issue since it is not limited to DOpus. And this problem has been driving me nuts on many versions of windows, from 7 to 11 which I currently use with DOpus.

[AA] Thank you Adriantepes. I agree, the issue seems to be partially fixed with some windows updates. But another update seems to bring the issue back. There was a time when the issue had to do with Synology, but an update fixed it.

Did you go through the FAQ I linked to earlier? Lister No Longer Automatically Refreshing - #9 by Leo

What did the diagnostic output show?