Lister Style

Hi Leo,
How to make a button from a new lister style?
When in customize the style is not visible and can't find a way to make it a button.
thanks,
rose

Had outlook pst lister style working, added button for explorer and dual vertical, now the outlook button is not working/it opens the explorer. Have tried to fix it to no avail. This from the button only, from lister style menu outlook pst works as it should. Explorer folder tree has become default.

Okay poking around something is not set correctly for the outlook button lister style. That is where the issue is. It repeats whatever lister opened last.

The command is Prefs STYLE="xyz"

Okay thanks Leo...where to put the command? new vbs script?

Is this also how to make a button for each lister style?
Have tried to find the answer in help/can you direct to where in the manual to do so?
Added it 2 places, script code and modifiers, still doesn't work.

dopus_lsLGjmtw3B

Thanks Steve, it is still not working like a lister style.

You need to change "xyz" to the name of the style....

Now it opens the opus preferences directory.

Prefs STYLE="Outlook PST"

C/P still nada.
Made the two buttons from this thread

c/p explorer has taken over so outlook button still does not work.
should explorer be in quotes?

The quotes are only needed if the Style name has spaces in it.

Can you take a screenshot of your Preferences / Layouts & Styles / Styles page please.

Outlook PST is a layout not a style....

The command needs to be:

Prefs LAYOUT="Outlook PST"

Maybe close all existing listers should be cked?

okay let me do that

Ah that worked...thank you so very much.

That is up to you, do you want all other listers to close when you open your Outlook layout?

No problem.

1 Like

I've had opus for so many years and constantly find new ways to customize it to perfection. It is an amazing program, just amazing. I honestly don't know how anyone that uses a pc for any depth can manage without it. I'll see about adding some more buttons for most used layouts. The pictures really helped. Thank you so much for your patience.
rose

2 Likes