GP SoftwareTwitter
Opus FAQsManualCommandsObjects

Lister won't open on startup (portable mode)

I'm using DOpus in portable mode. I've set in the preferences to open the last used lister upon startup. So when I run the exe from the USB, nothing happens. Then I run the exe file again, and now the lister opens. it always takes twice to open the lister. How come? What is the first one doing?

I have no experience wth the portable version, but if it's anything like the regular version, what the first one is doing is starting the Opus process running in the background.

With the regular version it can depend how it's run (which arguments are passed etc.) but stuff configured to open on startup will open by default.

I've not had a chance to see what happens with the USB version, though. Will try and take a look when I get a moment.

Oh, right. I forgot I have Don't open any Lsters selected in Preferences -> Launching Opus -> Startup.

My Startup options is set to open the last used lister, but like I said, it doesn't work. I always have to run the dopus.exe file twice for a lister to open.

Do you actually have a Lister open when you quit Opus previously?

Well, no. I have to close to program at some point.

So, based on what you said above, I changed the startup setting to open a saved lister. That one works. It opens the lister when the program is run the first time.

So my question now is, how can I have the last open lister open upon running the program the first time? I mean, I have to close the program at some point! It's not like I can quit opus without closing any of the programs, right?

Closing Opus's windows doesn't exit the program (by default at least).

See How to Exit Directory Opus for a quick summary/explanation.

[quote="leo"]Closing Opus's windows doesn't exit the program (by default at least).

See How to Exit Directory Opus for a quick summary/explanation.[/quote]
Geez, I missed this. THanks! I have to try it this way.