Little problem with "SET DUAL=toggle"

I want wo use this toggle function, that extends the current lister to both sides (one lister only, large window), & then, after usage, back to the previous state.
While the first part, toggling, works, there are two problems after toggling back: the formerly active lister will be restored on the wrong side,
& all tabs are gone. How can ich toggle it back in an exact way, so if i use it in the right pane, it extends to one pane & then restores the previous tab states
as well as the correct left/right listers?

I want to add, that the "wrong side" effect only shows, when using the toggle from the right pane. Starting from the left pane toggles it back correctly,
except that the tabs of the reopened pane are gone.

Does this do what you want?

Set SOURCE=Left DUAL=Toggle

[quote="leo"]Does this do what you want?

Set SOURCE=Left DUAL=Toggle[/quote]

No, sorry. It does the first toggling ok so far (one pane only), but when toggling back, there are two effects:

• the right pane, which was an entirely different location will be a copy (same dir) as the left starting pane
  • the tabs (is use some "standard" tabs on either side, which are supposed to be always the same) are not present, the tab row is gone.

Try this:

Set SOURCE=Left DUAL=Toggle,Remember

[quote="leo"]Try this:

Set SOURCE=Left DUAL=Toggle,Remember[/quote]

This is much better, but works only from the left pane (but the tabs are restored). When i use it from the right (active) pane, it uses the left lister to extend, where it should extend
the right one & toggle it back, so that left & right are the same again.

I tried Set SOURCE=both DUAL=Toggle,Remember, which almost works, except the right pane triggered toggle back ends up with
both sides interchanged, which is very close.

Both sides interchanged?

Yes. If i had, for example L:\music\jazz in the left lister & R:\new\various in the right, & start from the active right side, it correctly shows R:\new\various in one
lister, but after toggling back L:\music\jazz will be on the right side & R:\new\various on the left. When starting from the left lister, everything is reset perfectly.

Is it because you used SOURCE=both instead of SOURCE=left ?

Yes, sorry if i forgot to mention this, but with "left" parameter it will extend the left side, when i
use it from the right side (where it is supposed to extend the right side). So basically it works perfect, when
startin from left, but doesn´t act symmetrical when being used from the right lister side.

When is use the "both" parameter, left & right getting exchanged, but this is the closest to what i want.

SOURCE=both doesn't mean anything so Opus will probably just that at best.

I think I understand what you want now, and the basic Set DUAL=toggle,remember is as close as I can get.

I would send GPSoft a feature request asking that DUAL=remember be extended to remember which side things were on as well as which tabs/dirs were open. Right now, AFAIK, you can only prevent it from swapping the sides over by always closing the right-hand side (which the SOURCE=Left made happen).

Yeah, i will send a request, although this is only a minor enhancement. Thanks, this will do it so far. :slight_smile: