Locked files problem

Hello All
DOpus has been working perfectly for me until now. I am having problems with locked files but for some reason Photoshop is the only one affected.

When trying to save a file in Photoshop I get an error "The file cannot be saved as it is in use or left open"
If I use the "Process Explorer" to remove the DOpus handle for the file then it saves fine.

Does anyone know of a fix for this problem?

Regards

Phil

Are you viewing the file in the Opus Viewer Pane while you are trying to edit it in PhotoShop?

Read this thread.

Hello Kenneth
Thanks for pointing out that thread. I did search before posting but I did not see that one.
I have tried a couple of the tips suggested in the thread. I have used your unlocker to sucessfully unlock a file that has been locked by DOpus.

I do not use the DOpus viewer at all. The tip by nudel about disabling Shell Image Extraction, is this the setting in DOpus "Use shell image extraction for formats Opus does not understand" in the Thumbnails tab? If it is then it was already unchecked. I have tried disabling all plugins but it had no effect.

Regards

Phil

The only other thing I can think of is try removing some of the data fields from your view.

I'm out of ideas after that. If that doesn't work it's time to start logging an issue with GPSoftware.

Hello Kenneth
Is that the fields in the "Display" "Fields" tab? There is only one checked there and that is "Current sort field'

Regards

Phil

I'm talking about the field columns that you see in the file display.

The Author, Title and Pages columns seemed to trigger the problem in the thread Ken mentioned. The Description, Width, Height and similar columns are also worth turning off, if they're on, to see if it helps.

Let us know what you find and I'll try to reproduce it here and I'll make sure a bug report is filed if I can verify it. I save images from Photoshop CS2 to directories Opus is monitoring all the time without problems, but I rarely have the Author/Title/Pages columns visible so that may be why I haven't seen it.

This occasional file lock problem has been happening to me with Opus and Photoshop for so long I don't even think of it as a bug any more. Each time it happens I just use unlocker to release the files so Photoshop (or IMatch or whichever program I'm using) can then save the image.

And I never use the Author, Title and Pages columns in Opus, most of the time I'll have the "Name, Extension, ATTR, Modified, Size, and Relative Size" columns turned on.

The next time I'm editing images and have this problem I'll make note of exactly the steps I was taking at the time so maybe once and for all we can get to the bottom of it.

Hello All
I use list view for all DOpus listers so I don't have any of the field columns that you mentioned turned on. I switched to details view and still none of them were displayed.

Thanks for all your help with this. As John said, now that I have unlocker it is a simple matter to fix but it would be good to eliminate it.

Regards

Phil

[quote="Phil_C"]Hello All
I use list view for all DOpus listers so I don't have any of the field columns that you mentioned turned on. I switched to details view and still none of them were displayed.[/quote]

You might also have to check you InfoTips in Settings - File Types. I'm not sure when Opus retrieves the InfoTip information, but InfoTips can use many of the same information fields.