Locked tabs can be closed

Unexpected behavior at the least. Most likely a bug though; locked tabs shouldn't be able to be closed without first unlocking them.

Additionally, locked tabs aren't re-used ( ie if I open up a folder which is already opened in a locked tab [ regardless of lock type ] it should switch to that tab that is already open instead of opening another useless / redundant tab ).

Another note:
It doesn't seem possible using mode sz_multi to run more than 1 command....

Still can't edit posts... Seems you HAVE to use notepad to edit oxr files; notepad++ doesn't add Window newlines ( 2 characters \n\r ) so that may be why it wasn't working before...

Tab lock does not prevent the tab from closing. The different tab lock modes and what they do are documented here: Basic Concepts / The Lister / Tabs.

A fairly simply script which uses the OnCloseTab event and Tab.lock property could prevent locked tabs from being closed, if you want to extend the meaning of tab locking to do that.

Re post editing, see my reply here which you seem to have overlooked: Re: Activated pro trial, now dopus opens in 2 applications each time and there is no way to only use one that I can find.

Why have locked tabs at all if you can easily close them... Sure the scripting makes up for the lack of that but there's also the issue of re-using tabs that are already open instead of allowing new ones to be opened for the same path... Why have a locked tab for a certain directory if it is never referenced when you visit that directory to avoid spam?

The allow folder changes which rubberbands back to the locked path is interesting and one I haven't seen yet which could be useful but without re-using tabs it still doesn't matter.

Because they lock the tabs in other ways, which people asked us to add about a decade ago.

You may not find all the modes useful (I don't either), but other people do, and each one was requested by someone.