Looking for 7z to zip many directories individually

Hello all:
I have searched the posts, but I can not find exactly what I am looking for, so I thought I would ask for some help (assuming someone has done what I am trying todo).
I have many directories, some are 100Mb others are upto 14G.

I am looking for a way to compress these directories through opus by using 7z.

Basically, take the directories selected and 7z each directory individually to the folder name (done by default).
Verify the archive is good (can be tested via 7z)
Delete the directory.
Go to the next directory in the list...
When done exit with a success.
If an error is encoutered (locked directory etc) continue and don't delete the directory.

I understand this is a tall order, but I just need either the script or a starter in VB (which I believe is the best way to do this?).

Comments and ideas on this subject?

Thanks for you input!!!

The Dir to 7z (Remove dir when done) button here looks like it will do what you want:

Buttons & Toolbars: 7z, RAR, and Zip Buttons

I think that uses the DOS version of 7z. This other thread discusses using the GUI version which will give you a nicer progress display, though there isn't a pre-made button in this thread which deletes the folders after compressing them:

Buttons & Toolbars: 7Z and Directory Opus 9

Note that there's no error checking in either case. If the 7z archive creation fails then the button will still delete the source folder, potentially leaving you without any copy of the data that was in it.

Thanks Leo - that gives me a good start.