Lost FTP Menu

I seem to have totally lost my FTP pulldown in the Menu toolbar, and I don't see a way to add it back.

???

George

Right-click an empty space on the toolbar which used to have it and choose Reset to Defaults.

OK, I tried the Reset to Defaults. Got back a bunch of stuff which I had removed, but still no FTP menu.

Did you right-click the correct toolbar? It only resets the one you clicked on, unless you go into the Toolbars sub-menu and use the similar item in there which resets all toolbars.

Yes, I'm sure. To Verify, if I dbl-click on 'Menu' in the Customize dialog it flashes the selected menu. It's the right one. And the reset to defaults properly adds back items to THAT menu. But still no FTP pulldown.

If I export my config (don't want to lose all that work) and re-install Dopus, then import my config would that do it? Or would I just end up back where I am? It was going to be my next try unless you have another option you'd like me to try.

George

The FTP menu is on the Location toolbar, not the Menu toolbar.

Hi again, sorry I was a way for a while.

I must be really stupid here. The location toolbar is active, but it's simply a text box style which displays/enters a path name. Just where is this FTP menu supposed to appear?

I've attached an image of the top of my Dopus screen, can you describe where this is supposed to be? I know this is going to have a really smack-the-forehead answer, but I'm totally lost.

George

If that's your Location toolbar then you must've removed almost everything from it. (It's also possible it is a custom toolbar and the default Location toolbar is simply turned off.)

Here's an alternative way to reset it. Go to Settings -> Customize Toolbars, make sure the Location toolbar is turned on, and click the icon highlighted in my screenshot (Restore Default Toolbar):

Hi Leo,
Yes, I heavily customized it by removing stuff I never used, so I assume I accidentally removed the FTP item. I don't use it often, and when I went back to find it - Gone!

I had expected the customize would allow addition of lower level 'items' and that FTP would be one of those items.

However, resetting the toolbar and then CAREFULLY removing my unwanted items has put things back. Thanks a lot.

George

The individual menu items can be found in the Customize dialog but there isn't a quick way to restore the whole menu without resetting the whole toolbar it's on.

Glad it's sorted now!

Awesome... now... backup your config :slight_smile:...