M4b in Audio tags plug in unchanged?

I grabbed the current 12.21.3 beta to see the changes in the metadata pane showing m4b info (read only), but it shows me only what it did before, which isn't much. Like before, if you change the extension to m4a, it shows the full info.

Do I have to do something to make it work? The audiotags plugin is at 12.21.0.0 dll if that counts for anything?

The change only affects file display columns (and info-tips, rename, script objects, and other read-only uses of metadata; not the metadata editor).

Not to argue with you Leo, it is what it is, but why do the update notes imply (don't they?) otherwise?

AudioTags plugin now treats .m4b as an alternative extension for .mp4/.m4a audiobooks. (Read-only.)

What I am saying is why mention read only, if it only applies to the columns and not the metadata pane
itself?

The metadata pane is read/write.

I realise that Jon, I guess I assumed (never assume) that when m4b was implemented, this would be a sort of special case, ghosted or locked somehow or whatever. No biggie. I might experiment with renaming them to m4a and seeing if stuff breaks.

That's what I meant by "I'm hesitant to add it as an alias for the metadata panel".