Makelink Copy folder timestamp whilst using ClipboardEx Copy-Paste timestamp?

So far I have never been using Makelink.
Occasionally, when a folder should be on two places, I simply copied the folder. Just now started to experiment with Makelink, so please bear with me.

Correct me if I am wrong, but from I read, it seems not be possible to copy the date-time stamp of the original folder when using Makelink.

I could use ClipboardEx Copy Timestamp and paste the original date-time stamp onto the 'new folder'.

I wonder whether it would be possible to combine this into a script.

So, something like...
ClipboardEx copy timestamp
Copy MAKELINK=autonosoft (drag a folder into another folder)
Go to that 'new folder'
ClipboardEx paste timestamp

Probably it won't work that way, but nonetheless just a thought...

I don't know if the ClipboardEx script can change timestamps on symlinks, but folder datestamps are fragile and largely meaningless in general, even if it could. What are you doing where this is needed?

To be honest, I wouldn't know. I manually did the above steps and that worked, but combining it into 1 script, that's different cook. Sometimes I would like to archive a copy of a folder elsewhere so it may be easier to trace back. Folders usually with 'static' contents.

Anyway, I'll just go ahead to update the folder dates manually. Let it rest.

Thanks!

later..

hm...
just noticed date-time stamp is not synchronized in case of updates.

created a new folder with this makelink
updated the date-time stamp as per above
deleted a file in source, file is also gone in the new folder of course
date-time stamp source folder changed,
but not of the 'makelink '-older.
(as said, let it rest)

A I missing something here? As far as I know, the thing you create with MAKELINK is essentially a pointer to data somewhere else. I would argue that the date of that pointer hasn't changed.