Manual ftp get and chdir

I love dopus ftp, but can't use it on sites which hide dirs and filenames for security reasons. EG in cuteftp I can right click in the secure folder and do a Manual Get or Manual Change Dir etc. How can I do this in dopus please?

Doesn't editing the path field work?

Thanks - yes path edit does work to enable a manual directory change.

But we still need a manual GET method - any ideas here please?

What do you want to do exactly?

Press a button and enter a relative filepath to download that file from the current site?

Or:

Press a button, when not on an FTP site, and enter a full FTP URL to get that file?

Or something else?

Once I have logged in and found the require directory, I need to perform a MANUAL GET or RETRIEVE command somehow.

So a button, or a right click on the blank file listing to enable a dialog to enter the required filename.

I've created a button before, but don't know how to add a dialog to it to prompt for the filename, and I don't know the ftp command to issue.

No need for full pathnames etc with this method thanks.

So you need to get a named file from the current directory? (Like a file that's in the current directory but not listed by the server because it's hidden in some way.)

yes that is correct thanks

This seems to work, although I haven't tried it with a file that's hidden by the FTP server as I don't have anything to test with. It works with files that aren't hidden by the server, at least:

<?xml version="1.0"?> <button backcol="none" display="both" textcol="none"> <label>File Copy Prompt</label> <tip>Asks you for the name of a file to copy from the current directory.</tip> <icon1>#copy</icon1> <function type="normal"> <instruction>Copy FILE &quot;{dlgstring|Enter name of file to copy}&quot;</instruction> </function> </button>

See here if you don't know what to do with the above code block.

works perfectly - many thanks Nudel!

(I now just have to learn how to program buttons for myself)