Many crash and theme change?

Hi,

I use Directory Opus but some time it crash. I don't know why. The last time it happened and change the color of my folder like this:

Anyone know to restore this?

Thanks you!
Mr. Kim Son

It dump like this:

To track down the cause of the crash while generating thumbnails (which may be due to a 3rd party component), see these two guides:

[ul][li]Crash, exit or high CPU when viewing certain directories[/li]
[li]Crash dumps for bug reports[/li][/ul]

You can reset the colors to the defaults by going to Preferences / Display / Colors and Fonts and using File / Reset Page To Defaults.

I can not click to reset :unamused:

You are on the wrong Preferences page.

Breaking that down into separate steps:

[ul][li]Go to Preferences / Display / Colors and Fonts

[/li]
[li]Then use File / Reset Page To Defaults.[/li][/ul]

Hi,

Thanks! I could do it very well. Now, it is time to track the dump bugs.

Here is my last dump file:
DOpus.Minidumps.rar (155 KB)

If you aren't already, please try the latest beta version (11.4.2 beta, linked in my signature).

That has a fix for an issue which could cause the type of crash found in those dumps.

But the crash may also be the result of 3rd party shell extensions and similar DLLs. The dumps show a few different ones are loaded into Opus. If the latest beta does not help, try disabling non-Microsoft and non-Opus shell extensions using ShellExView and then reboot to see if it helps. If it does, you can start re-enabling them again until the one causing the problem is discovered.

Hi,

Let me try with your beta version.

Thanks you!

Hi,

I tested beta. I still happening these dump problem. I hope you fix it soon because i can not work without your software...

The problem is likely caused by one of the shell extensions you have and you'll need to follow the suggestions I made in my previous post in that case, to track down the one causing the problem or at least rule them out.

Hi,

Do you know what is the problem here? All of items's icon change to Winrar icon on Google Drive. It view normally on Windows Explore.

Please start new threads for unrelated issues.

My guess is the Google Drive shell extension is causing the wrong icons to be returned. It appears to be full of bugs like this. Updating it may help.

If you need more assistance, please create a new thread.