Mapped FTP Drives Minor Issue

Hello,

Having two minor issues with mapped drives for my FTP nas system which use to work in DOpus9.

1st Part:
I have mapped my network drives via rightclick mouse button and assign them in. Then I saved the lister as default including the toolbar after I reboot both the computer and nas drive I loose the network mapped drive icons. The default FTP icon not a problem and can still log in.

2nd Part:
In the past in DOpus9 I had to enter a user name & password into a dialog box that came up when hiting the mapped drive icons from my toolbar. When I did manage to map the drive it didn't ask for a user name or password nor did any dialog box came up like in the past. Has the setup being change in this new version.

BTW can I change the drop down arrow colour for FTP icon.

G :smiley:

Do you mean network drives or FTP connections? They're very different things.

Right-click on what?

Assigned them in to what?

If they are network drives, were they set to re-connect at login?

If we're talking about network drives then Opus has little to do with that. Windows is what triggers (or doesn't trigger) the username and password prompt if you try to connect to a network drive.

If the server has the same username and password as your client, or if you are already authenticated with the server, then you would not be prompted for a password.

FTP sites may be different, depending on how you're connecting to them. I'm a little confused about exactly what we are talking about, though.

[quote]Do you mean network drives or FTP connections? They're very different things.[/quote] Sorry to confuse you network drives.

I save the lister layout and custom setting then once I reboot both Nas drive as well as computer both disapear.

See Screenshot

[quote]Do you mean network drives or FTP connections? They're very different things.[/quote] Sorry to confuse you :blush: I meant the network drives.

Then I save the lister layout and custom setting after that I reboot both Nas drive icons as well as Root Directory showing mapped drives disapear.

This is the command that are for the network drives Go DRIVEBUTTONS=network

Can anything be done about the arrow colour and is the grey out section a windows thing or can this be adjusted example: Add to Address Book

Sorry to confuse you hope those screen shots help. Maybe I messed things up in the settings I don't know.

G :slight_smile:

Layouts have nothing to do with whether or not network drives are mapped.

If a drive isn't mapped after you reboot, it's probably because when it was mapped you didn't tick the "Reconnect at logon" checkbox when you mapped it.

Hello Leo,

Thank you for helping out and your time.

[quote="leo"][quote]Layouts have nothing to do with whether or not network drives are mapped.
[/quote]

If a drive isn't mapped after you reboot, it's probably because when it was mapped you didn't tick the "Reconnect at logon" checkbox when you mapped it.[/quote]

Sorry leo I just thought I would mention the steps that I have done. :blush:

That worked now I can't get them to connect see screenshot. The command Im using is Go DRIVEBUTTONS=network

Do I need to reconfigure the command or some settings?

When I click either one of these drives U, V, X, Y or Z I get a error seee screenshot.

It looks like the same problem as for the beta periode (Strange network behavior TM00232).

Edit: link deleted

Hello

ThanK you for your reply I can't get into that link.

G :frowning:

Hello,

This is the message I get when trying to access the link above

[b]Information

You are not authorised to read this forum.[/b]

G

Yes that forum is for beta testers only, I'm not quite sure why AlbatorV decided to post a link to it :slight_smile:

Oups sorry... I'm so tired... :wink:

Jon should I use the latest beta version or is the bug still around.

No problems...

Hi Jon,

Does the current beta version correct the issue?

G

I'm not even sure which issue you're asking about anymore. :slight_smile:

(This is one of the reasons we request people ask one question per thread.)

Maybe the same as this one... So it's not solved...

Look at this Gino Mapped Network Drives Not Showing in DO10

Jon's just made a fix for that which will be in the next beta.

[quote="leo"]Jon's just made a fix for that which will be in the next beta.[/quote] Thank you guys G :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: