Mapped network drive bug report

Mapped network drive bug report

1. mapped network drive icon doesn’t update
    *turn on computer with mapped network drive but leave source computer off
    *icon should have red x
    *turn on source computer and drive is now available
    *in windows explorer the icon updates and doesn't have red x. in dopus the icon still has red x even though drive can be accessed

2. mapped network drive folders don’t update
    *in mapped network drive create a folder and go into it
    *delete the folder
    *the folder still shows in folder tree

1 is a very old Windows bug as far as I can tell. It has happened for years, and not just in Opus.

2: Changes to folders are not being detected

1 is a very old Windows bug as far as I can tell. It has happened for years, and not just in Opus

But why doesn't the icon update after network drive becomes available? In windows explorer it updates after you click somewhere inside the drive. Can't dopus behave the same way and do a check when user clicks inside network drive?

2: [Changes to folders are not being detected]

I went through the list but nothing fixed the problem. I expected this option to fix but it didn't:

Detect external file changes on network drives is turned on

The deleted folder always shows in folder tree even though it doesn't exist anymore. The only 2 ways I have found that fix it is to do a refresh command or restart dopus. I don't like to do refresh command because I lose the tree structure I set up of certain folders expanded.

I just wanted to add that with a regular hdd drives, if folder is out of date because third party program did rename/move/etc, then in dopus after you click into folder the folder tree will update. This is expected behavior for mapped network drive changes but doesn't happen.

Part of the guide says to do generate some diagnostics with the debugging option, and post the log, which you haven't done. But we can only look at that if you link your account as well.