Mark nth number or better?

I have folders full of multiple files (as many as 250). I am currently organizing them, and I can work with 16 at once. After that I will delete some and move some. Select by check box is extremely helpful for part of the process. The solution I am trying to find now is for when I start to delete some. That is... since the files are in alphabetical order, I wish there was some way to mark some of them as the 16th one, or the last one of a current bunch. I know I can label them a different color, but this is tedious for a lot of files. Does anybody know of any way to mark a certain “nth-number” of files? I am thinking I could write a script to do something, but I said let me see if a way is already out there. Does anybody know of a better way than what I am talking about? I would love any suggestions. Thanks

Is it always the 16th file per folder? A script could be the best way to do it. But if it helps already to select every 16th file, you could make a button that runs Select Range 16, or something like Select Range 16,32,48,64,80, & so on.

You can use this code example:

<?xml version="1.0"?> <button backcol="none" display="both" separate="yes" textcol="none"> <label>every 16th file</label> <icon1>#newcommand</icon1> <function type="normal"> <instruction>Select Range 16,32,48,64,80,96,112,128,144,160,176,192,208,224,240,256</instruction> </function> </button>

There is also some cool script from tbone, containing some "select every n-th item" function.

[url]Command: SelectEx (extended Select command)]

Super helpful! I can work with this method well. I can just put the unused out of the x16 bunch in a folder and I have a way to keep track of where I am. I can also work with different multiples like 10 or 20. This is great. Thanks so much for that. One more semi related question. I kind of remember a way in Opus to turn on line numbers in a folder... I am correct? I wonder if I am confusing it with script window. If so do you know the way? Thanks

Not sure, but you could just turn on the index column. You can find those by right clicking on the columns header, choose "general", then "index". You need to save the folder format (plus for all layouts, which is the option below, on the folder options dialog), to make it permanent for that location.

Or add them to a collection.

That is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks

I see how adding them to a collection can also be helpful. Thanks