Mass-editing of MP3 Tags

I read the FAQ and currently the MP3 Plugin isn't able to edit more than one file.
But I just experienced what VB-Scripts can do together with "Abusing Rename Scripts".

I asked Google if VB-Script can write ID3-Tags. I found some sites presenting Scripts that can mass-edit MP3's using CDDBControl.dll which can be found and downloaded easily.
One Site I found is this one :
http://www.motobit.com/tips/detpg_change-id3-tags-script/
So wouldn't it be possible to create a Button that transfers Information about Artist, Album, Genre, Year etc. from one selected File to the other Files in the same Folder? Perhaps it's even possible to choose what to transfer.
The first File could be edited using the MP3 Plugin. Title and Tracknumber must be set for each File separetely.

I found a simple Command-line tool which is able to mass-edit MP3's from a batch. It's called ID3.exe and can be downloaded here b[/b]:
home.wanadoo.nl/squell/id3.html#notes
A full list of Options and some examples are given in the included Readme-file.
Some examples what it can do:

id3.exe -d *.mp3 Removes all ID3v1 tags from all mp3's.
id3.exe -2 -1u fs_song.mp3 Copy ID3v2 tag to ID3v1 tag in selected file.
id3.exe -2 -f "%a - %t.mp3" blaet.mp3 Rename file to a standard format (Artist - Title.mp3), using ID3v2 values.
id3.exe -2 -rAPIC -s 0 *.mp3 Removes embedded images and padding from all mp3's.
id3 -D source.mp3 -1 -2 dest.mp3 Copy ID3v1 and ID3v2 tags of source.mp3 to dest.mp3

It can also add ID3v2 lyric frames and create a playlist and a lot more I think.

For me the last command would be of interest to copy Album, Artist, Year and Genre from one file to the other files in the folder using a Button in DOpus. Unfortunately the command also copies Title and Tracknumber which is not useful for me.

I'm not very used in writing batch commands and messed around a bit with the switches but couldn't realize what I want.
Perhaps someone finds this interesting and can help me with this. Probably combining the tool with a Rename Script can do the job.

I made up a new post presenting some example Buttons using ID3 mass tagger, the Command-Line Tool I mentioned in my previous Post int the "Buttons & Toolbars" Section: