MD5 in Context Menu

Hiya..

I have been fiddling about in DOpus but not been able to work it out (even tried some code I found while searching but had no luck either). Is there a way that I can find out the MD5 of a file by right clicking on a file and selecting 'Show MD5' or something to that effect in a popup window? (Or maybe have the MD5 show from a cascaded window off the context menu if I mouse-overed the 'Show MD5' text?

Thanks, I have searched n tried but I am stumped :confused: (tried the '{md5sum}' command but it doesn't seem to do anything?)

The command is:

GetSizes NODESELECT MD5

(The NODESELECT part is optional but probably desired.)

It will add an MD5 column on to the lister where you can read the data. If you run the command with a file selected (or from a file's context menu) the only that file (or files) will have its MD5 calculated. If you run the command when nothing is selected then everything below a certain size will get calculated. The size can be increased via Preferences - Misc - Advanced.

If you instead want the checksum as a text string in the clipboard then see this FAQ, the last two examples in particular.