Memory Usage Goes sky High (video codec?)

No luck. It just did it again. Even with that set to true and all extensions other that Microsoft and DOpus ones disabled via ShellExView and all viewer plugins disabled. I don't have any other folders opening with the default lister and when i right click on my empty folder I do not have the option to open in Directory Opus. Right now I just opened it and I'll leave it alone completely and see if it happens. I think I did this before and it did but I'll double check.

Annnnnd the answer to your question is yes. All I did was open DOpus and left it minimized. Woke this morning and it was using 14 gigs of memory.

You should be right-clicking the empty folder on the desktop, not in Opus.

(If Opus is already running then the experiment has failed, as the point is to launch Opus so that the only thing it has ever viewed is an empty folder. That way we rule out the possibility of something in another folder being the trigger for the problem. Before right-clicking the folder, ensure Opus has been fully exited and dopus.exe is no longer in the Task Manager process list.)

If you're doing that but the option isn't there, you might need to turn on Preferences / Miscellaneous / Windows Integration / Add 'Open in Directory Opus' item to folder context menus.

(If you have Explorer Replacement enabled then the menu item is always added -- it has to be for Explorer Replacement to work -- and that option will be disabled.)

Ah that option was turned off. I'll turn it on and do that and let ya know. Thanks again!

Ok so far it hasn't spiked when I open that folder and just leave it.