Middlebuttin double click - activate inline rename

Hi.. o)

Is it possible to activate inline rename on the exact file I double clicked with middle mouse button?

I actually got it to activate inline rename, but the cursor always places itself in a file, which I did not double clicked.
Here I double clicked the green backgrounded file, but the inline rename activates on another file (the file being surrounded by that ghost-selection).

Maybe by adding a command to focus on the clicked file first, but it's easier to use Power Mode if you want to reconfigure the mouse buttons (that's what Power Mode is for):

gpsoft.com.au/help/opus11/in ... uttons.htm

Do you know any command that sets the input focus to a file?
There is SELECT THIS, which selects the file having the input focus, but that's of no help here.
And then there is SELECT PREV/NEXT, which have an influence on the input focus, kind of..

The closest I got is this, but it requires no files to be selected:
SELECT PREV
SELECT NEXT
RENAME INLINE

The reason I don't use Power Mode is, because it is not available in Thumbnail Mode. Maybe one day there is an option to select a view mode seperately (that means just grid or row based) and unbind how file selection and mouse button stuff works. I'm not sure if different selection styles between the row/grid-based views is a good idea in terms of usability. Personally, I'd like to avoid thinking about what mode I'm in when selecting files. Wonder how other cope with that. I think how files are displayed should be unrelated to how you select them. In case Power Mode selection style would be available in the grid views as well (thumbnail/tiles), I'd go for it instantly!

Makes sense.

It's a bit of a kludge but this seems to work:

Select DESELECT MAKEVISIBLE EXACT {file|noterm} Rename INLINE

Uh sweet! o) I knew it can be done! o)

I tinkered with EXACT as well, but your combination simply works, I don't bother of how much of a kludge it is.
It even keeps any other files selected, awesome dude, just awesome! o)

Have a nice weekend!
Rob.