Minor bug appearing rarely: drag & drop via mouse won´t work

Hi,

i see this not very often, but it still happens every now & then. Mouse drag won´t do anything, but ctrl-c/ctrl-v still works. I almost always use dual listers view.

After restarting Dopus everything´s normal again. I never saw this happening twice in a row. Sorry, i cannot say much about if there are some special circumstances when this does appear. Seems to happen quite randomly. Anyone else notized this?

it´s a very nice new version again, thx. I specially like the improved tabs with the drive letters & icon :slight_smile:

If dragging and dropping onto a subfolder listed in the current folder isn't working, make sure the setting below is enabled.

If you cannot drag and drop between two file displays, then you might have a problem. Give us more information on what doesn't work.

I don't think I've ever seen this problem. However for the past couple years or so I've changed my Opus workflow so I'm not using drag and drop as often as I used to.

Of course that checkbox is checked, as i said, after restarting, it´s working again, in the same folders where it failed before. I use dopus quite a lot & see this behaviour maybe 1-2 times per month.

[quote]
If you cannot drag and drop between two file displays, then you might have a problem. Give us more information on what doesn't work.[/quote]

Hmm, basically it´s only that: it won´t allow the files to be dragged over to the other lister. There´s no right click options then ("move here"). Simply nothing happens, but when Dopus is restarted, everything is working again. Maybe (?) this is happening more likely after making changes & customizations in the Dopus settings?

This happens to me too from time to time, but as I have never been able to reliably reproduce it I've never filed a bug report on it. It just beats me what could be causing it. It used to happen with v8, and now with v9 as well (though it haven't been occurring as frequently in 9 as in 8). I don't think I've had to restart 9 when this happens though. What I do is to click in the lister that I am trying to move the file(s) to, then back to the one where I'm trying to drag them from. If I now try to drop them over to the other lister again it works. This workaround did not work back when I had this problem with Dopus 9 though, so something must have changed...

Anyway, it's infrequent enough not to be a problem for me, but if anyone is ever able to come up with a reason why it's happening I'd love to hear about it :slight_smile:

I drag & drop a lot and I don't think I've ever seen this. I wonder if it happens after viewing a 3rd party virtual folder (e.g. for a digital camera or MP3 player or similar)? I can't think of anything else that would have the opportunity to temporarily mess up drag & drop, yet not mess it up enough that it's still broken when you restart Opus.

There's that IStream issue which can break drag & drop but if something was breaking that then it would stay broken after a restart.

Could also be a mouse driver thing, I suppose. I've only been using Logitech SetPoint for the last few years (not that I am a fan of it! I like their mice not their drivers).

[quote="nudel"]I drag & drop a lot and I don't think I've ever seen this. I wonder if it happens after viewing a 3rd party virtual folder (e.g. for a digital camera or MP3 player or similar)? I can't think of anything else that would have the opportunity to temporarily mess up drag & drop, yet not mess it up enough that it's still broken when you restart Opus.

There's that IStream issue which can break drag & drop but if something was breaking that then it would stay broken after a restart.

Could also be a mouse driver thing, I suppose. I've only been using Logitech SetPoint for the last few years (not that I am a fan of it! I like their mice not their drivers).[/quote]

No, it happens with regular folders as well (in fact, that's the only place I've ever had this problem as I don't use "virtual" folders more than a couple of times a day). I doubt it's a mouse-driver thing either, as I've had this happen with the Windows built-in driver, Logitech Mouseware, Logitech Setpoint and Microsoft's Intellipoint drivers all depending on what mouse I've had connected at the time. Somehow doubt it's related to the istream thing either, as I've applied that registry file in the past, but did not appear to matter either way as it still happened from time to time after that.
The thing is though, that the problem occurs so irregularly that it's almost impossible to pin down. Sometimes it doesn't happen for weeks, then it suddenly happens several times in a day...there just doesn't seem to be any logic to it. One thing I seem to recall from when the problem revealed its ugly head in Dopus 8, is that it happened much more frequently when I had been working with folders containing many images ,in thumbnail mode, for some time without restarting Dopus. Don't know if it matters though, as it could be that it was just pure coincidence.

Yeah, what they said.

It happens so infrequently that it's impossible to spot a pattern, so good luck guys :wink: