Minor BUGS and not so minor Requests

BUGS / LIMITATIONS:

• When one of delete or copy filter is enabled and you use Set FILTERS=toggle it turns them both off instead of toggling each filter
  • Go {sourcepath$|..} FOLDERCONTENT does not show the parent folder, instead the current {sourcepath$} (maybe intentional for memory??)
  • Hotkeys to popup menus will not work when focus is on viewer pane (viewing text)
  • No option to send a toolbar under tab-strip (under tabstrip, right of folder tree, left of viewer pane) with Toolbar myTB STATE=???, but you can move it there manually from dragging in customize mode (shows up as <toolbar type="fdbottom"> in /dopusdata/ConfigFiles/toolbars.oxc)
  • if double click on tab-strip to open new tab is enabled... when closing a tab via clicking the x on the tab itself and clicking again fast enough to be considered a double click will reopen a new tab when it shouldnt
  • when dragging files in to a menu when oversized it doesn't scroll when mouse near lower part of menu (near the up down arrows)
  • 'Close All Other Tabs' from tab-strip context menu while holding SHIFT closes all including locked.. So if Go TABCLOSEALL is set as a hotkey where SHIFT is one of its modifiers, it does close all including locked even when the FORCE switch isn't included with TABCLOSEALL

REQUESTS:

• Mouse wheel scroll (smoothly) oversized menus, toolbars too big for window, tab strip with too many tabs
  • Multiple column menus
  • Able to comment out lines in Advanced Command Editor
  • Close a tabgroup (any tabs open belonging to group will be closed)
  • Close last opened tab group
  • Tabs show label characteristics, if one is set for current viewing folder, and any sub directories you switch to keeps label characteristic from previous, and is overriden when opening a sub directory with a diff label set

This would help when you custom name your tabs, the colors would help ID your location.

Nice program, Nice work!

DOPUS IS KING!!

Please ask one question per thread.

I'll write quite short answers to save time and space. :slight_smile:

I suspect that is by-design. It at least makes sense to me. (It's rare that you'd want to toggle one off and the other on, IMO.) You might be able to use @ifset to create a button which really does toggle both. If you need that (and aren't just reporting it as something you noticed) and need help setting it up, let us know. (Please start a new thread for it, though.)

Go FOLDERCONTENT is only intended to be used with fixed paths, not things like {sourcepath}.

Viewers that handle keyboard input will take over (most) hotkeys, as the hotkeys may have meaning within the viewer.

If it's something you need, and you link your account, we'll add it to the request list.

Noted.

Does it scroll if you hover over the arrows themselves? I think that's how it works, but that's just from memory and not double-checked.

That's probably by-design, although I haven't confirmed it yet.

Seems like something is wrong if you are encountering those things often enough for it to matter. Are you using a really small screen with a configuration design for a much larger one, or something?

If the problem is lots of context menu items from 3rd party shell extensions, there are ways of hiding them or organising them into sub-menus which will be much better than having to scroll toolbars and menus all the time.

You can use // to comment out lines already.

Once a tab-group is open, you just have a bunch of tabs open. There's no record that they came from a particular group. I guess we could add that. What kind of situation would you use it in, where you wouldn't just close all tabs & open a new group (or groups) instead?

An option for that might make sense.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

The oversized menu is mainly from using "Go FOLDERCONTENT". Some directories have a lot of items and can fill the menu easily and depends on the font size you're using aswell. (And no, hovering the mouse over the arrow buttons while dragging doesnt scroll the menu)

Tabgroup has the option to leave existing tabs open when opening the tabgroup, this can create a overflow of tabs where scrolling would be handy/faster (especially for ppl [like me] that have large resolution screen and rarely has a lister maximized)

For the close tabgroup I could undo closin of tabs when other tabs existed (see above)...

Close a tabgroup spanning across all listers. Sometimes you navigate to a folder that exists in one of your tabgroups, overtime this can happen in multiple listers. This could make sure when you open a tabgroup you arent opening any duplicate tabs that exists in other listers. or maybe just an option to close tabgroup spanning across all lister before opening a tabgroup.

and as far as knowing what tabs came from what tabgroup, you probably already know I'm just reminding you lol :smiley:

some pseudocode....

for(i=0; i<tabgroup.tabs.count; i++)
{
    for(x=0; x<lister.tabs.count; x++)
    {
         if(lister.tab[x].location == tabgroup.tab[i].location)
                 closetab();
    }
}

Thanks!!

In reference to:

"The oversized menu is mainly from using "Go FOLDERCONTENT". Some directories have a lot of items and can fill the menu easily and depends on the font size you're using as well. (And no, hovering the mouse over the arrow buttons while dragging doesn't scroll the menu)"

Was a solution ever offered for when dragging and dropping can't scroll down the menu of a folder with many subfolders created by Go FolderContent?

No but according to the manual there is another way...

Selecting a sub-folder from the generated list will move selected files to that folder.

Go D:\Archive\Documents FOLDERCONTENT=nofiles,move

Thanks for the reply.

I have a folder with 200 subfolders.

Using FOLDERCONTENTS to access the list I can scroll down the list with the scroll bar.

When I left click a file in a list to this, I only see the first 30 or so subfolder and I can't drag down on the list or use the scroll bar. so I can't access most of the subfolders.

I can get around this by copying and pasting the file to the list since I can scroll down it.

Still, I think left click and drag should be scrollable.

That doesn't detract from the fact DO is feature rich.