Missing file extensions

Hi, I've recently installed Directory Opus and have been dicking around with the rename utility to deal with the massive deluge of unorganized files that I have (previously, I was doing it by hand), and I've been pretty successful with it. However, when I was done with my first batches of files, I found that a ton of them (1600 and counting) were somehow stripped of their file extension tags. I'm pretty confident that they weren't stripped beforehand, so I'm under the impression that Directory Opus did it. I've already looked at the option to hide extensions and it's not ticked in, so it's not that they're hidden, they literally are gone. I can still use them, but now I'm obviously going to have a helluva time uploading or sending them to anybody else but me.

So, in essence, my question is this. Is there a way to bulk-replace the missing extension tags in or out of Directory Opus, or could somebody make a script to place them back? I read on another forum that you can go look through a notepad version of them, but there's no way in hell I'm gonna manually go notepad diving through 1600 and counting images just for hints at what they could be. It's mostly jpg, png, and maybe a spattering of gif files, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem compared to CAD files or somesuch.

Have you looked through the undo log to see what you've done ?

I believe it's a little late to see the logs, unfortunately. I didn't even know there was one until I was done renaming them all in the folder.

I made a button which does this for you:

[ul][li]Determine & add correct file extensions[/li][/ul]

[quote="leo"]I made a button which does this for you:

[ul][li]Determine & add correct file extensions[/li][/ul][/quote]

I love you.

:blush: