Missing Folder Icon

I am using the latest version of DOpus (9.1) under 32-bit Windows Vista Ultimate. I don't believe I've seen this bug reported here. Usually after using a lister for a few minutes, the icon for one of my folders just disappears. It's always the Downloads folder. This is a folder that I moved from its original location: C:\Users\Scott\Downloads is now D:\Downloads. I have two other such folders that I moved to Drive D (Documents and Pictures), but they never seem to be affected by this problem. I see this problem on both my desktop computer and my laptop. Is this a known issue? Here's a screen dump.

Does the same thing happen in Explorer or only in Opus?

Only in Opus.

BTW, it just happened again. This time I did a View - Refresh and it got displayed again. So it's just not getting refreshed, the way it looks.

One more observation -- today the missing folder icon happened again but this time on just a "regular" folder, not one of the special green Vista folders. So I don't think it has anything to do with these special folders. It's a general issue. If I press F5, it refreshes and reappears. It's not reproducible. It just happens from time to time.

Scott

Strange... I was going to try reproducing it by moving my Downloads folder but if it's happening with normal folders then I guess there's no point.

Has anyone else reading this thread ever seen this happen with their tree?

Yes, the folder icon will disappear, randomly, it seems. I'm using 9.1 with Vista 32x.

Is this ever going to get fixed? It's happening to me constantly now. It's VERY annoying! :angry:

Well it seems nobody has any ideas... there's not alot to go on, ya know? Trying to put the pieces of a new PC together and thinking aobut trying Vista.

So far, only Vista seems to be a common thread...

Has anyone reported it to GPSoftware? I haven't since I can't reproduce it.

I'm not sure if they can do anything about the problem without a way to reproduce it either, but reporting the problem to them can only help get it fixed.

FWIW, I see Vista lose icons on the Desktop sometimes. Seems to happen if I have Remote-Deskop'd into the machine and the Recycle Bin icon changes (e.g. because it is emptied) but instead it vanishes except for the text label. Hitting F5 makes it re-appear. Not sure if it's connected to what you're seeing in the Opus folder tree.

[quote]Has anyone reported it to GPSoftware? I haven't since I can't reproduce it.

I'm not sure if they can do anything about the problem without a way to reproduce it either, but reporting the problem to them can only help get it fixed.[/quote]
Hmmmmm. I guess I thought this forum was GPSoftware and that they were working like busy little bees on my problem for the last 3 months. Guess not. :cry:

Heh, nobody reads the "Note: For official support registered users must use the official support page." and "User-run" stuff on the front page. :slight_smile:

OK, I just reported it officially now. Maybe it's a known issue. We'll see what they say.