Missing OneDrive for Business Context Menu

When right-clicking in a OneDrive for Business enabled/synced Folder (in the empty space within the folder) I get the following context menu entries in Explorer:

In DO these entries are simply missing whereas the Dropbox "Send with Transfer" menu entry exists:

When right-clicking on files within OneDrive for Business I do have these entries, e.g. I can "View Online".

What can I do to get these context menu entries I see via Windows Explorer? How come that Dropbox the Dropbox "Send via Transfer" entry exists, the others do not?

Do you get them if you right-click the folder?

(For example, in the folder tree, or the last component of the path field (breadcrumbs bar), or by going up a level and right-clicking the folder you were in.)

Yes, I do! I do get them when right clicking folders as well as files. Just in the "empty space" (is that the right terminology?) I don't get them.

There are a few non-Opus entries in this "empty space" context menu, see the full menu (with SHIFT-Right Click):

Things like "WinMerge" or "Send with Transfer" I never manually added to the context menu hence they were somehow generated - not so much the OneDrive entries.

If you look under Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers
what do you see there?

For example, on my system I see (among other things) FileSyncEx = {CB3D0F55-BC2C-4C1A-85ED-23ED75B5106B} which is the context menu handler for the non-Business version of One Drive:

I don't have easy access to the Business version, so I'm not sure if it would re-use the same handler, or have its own additional one. Do you see anything extra there on your machine? If so, what is the GUID (long number in {...})?

I have OneDrive for Business and this is what my registry shows. I never noticed it, but I have the same "difference" between right-clicking a OneDrive for Business-synced folder's empty space versus right-clicking the folder name.

1 Like

Glad, I'm not the only one! So maybe we'll figure out how to get the menu working.

FileSyncEx does exist (same ID), but I also have OneDrive consumer installed so maybe that's unrelated.

1 Like

Thanks! The menu items should appear in the background menu after the next update. Microsoft seem to be breaking their own rules here, but we added a simple workaround.

1 Like

This is available now in 12.23.1 Beta.

This problem, or at least something very similar, is appearing again. I use Windows 11 on a new machine, and the OneDrive context menu only shows in Explorer but not on DO. I asked MS for help but I'm not optimistic.

Note that just like @Leo, I have FileSyncEx in the registry.

It's a different issue to before. Microsoft made OneDrive incompatible with the pre-Windows 11 context menu API.

1 Like

Please try the 12.25.3 Beta.

Thanks @Jon , 12.25.3 works like a charm!