More options for handling file move transfer conflicts

Hi. It'd be great if we had more options for handling file transfer conflicts. First, we could have the option to automatically replace if the filesize is the same, but rename or skip if the filesize is different. Second, we could see a list of conflicts and select which to keep, like in Windows 10.

Also, I'd like to bump the request to show total filesize remaining.

Thanks

What are some example situations where you'd want to do that?

Click the Unattended checkbox for that. You'll get a list of conflicting items and be able to choose what to do with them while the rest of the items continue to be copied/moved.

Thanks for the quick response!

Sometimes I'll have batches of files that have generic names, like "1.jpg", "2.jpg", etc.
(Or if the names are distinctive, sometimes one group of photos may have been resized or otherwise modified.) If they are in the same folder, it will be easier to sort them, e.g., by date or checking the thumbnails, etc. I'm willing to assume that files with the same name and size are in fact identical, but if the size is different, it is presumably a different file. I suppose I could run a duplicate check to delete files that are the same, and then either use "rename all" when transferring or use the collapse view function, but it seems easier to just do it in one step in the transfer dialog.

If I understand correctly, you are suggesting I use the "retry function" at the end of an unattended copy, and then decide what to do. The problem is if I want to decide on a file-by-file basis, I have to do it one file at a time, since the dialog box only asks about one conflict at a time. This can become very time consuming, especially if I have to wait for some files to be overwritten across drives. In Windows, it shows you all the conflicts in a list with checkboxes, allowing you to make all selections at once.

I understand these use cases may seem narrow, but the conflict handling is the one thing I really miss from File Explorer (along with showing the total filesize remaining).

Thanks

Wouldn't you want to Skip in that case? Skip Identical will skip files with the same name, size and date.

Sometimes I'd assume the file is the same even if the date is different.

Also, when I'm trying to consolidate, replace saves me the extra step of deleting the identical files from the source (especially useful in case I forget after the conclusion of a long transfer, or if I queue multiple operations).