Most optimal way to sort by file-extension with LABELS

Hi! I would like to know something:

I like to sort my files by extension/type, like: directories first, then .exe, then other executables, next are music, next are movie files etc. To achive this im using LABELS. Which is more optimal?

1. Creating a Filetype Group, then creating a Wildcard Label which calls that by "GRP:", or
  2. Creating only a Wildcard Label with the definitive extension, or
  3. Creating a Filetype Group, then creating a Label Filter which matches: type/file, and matches said FiletypeGroup, or
  4. Creating a Filter, then creating a Label Filter which matches said Filter.

Which of these methods are calculated quicker when there are large number of files? Is there any difference?

Thank you!

Try this:

Thank you for the suggestion!
I have already tried a custom column once. However my goal would be the sorting below, so i can see one extension after another (notice that i would like to have executables first after directories, but .exe first, then .lnk, then the other executables, all color coded, its important for the work im doing)

dir
exe
lnk
bat,com,msi (in any order)
mp3
wav
other audio
video
pictures
archives
files with text (word, excel, pdf etc)
unassociated files

I can achieve this by assigning Labels, no problem, i just wanted to know which one of my methods uses less resources. Is it quicker for Opus to apply a Wildcard Filter or Label Filter for example? Would be good to know before i start making all the different labels or filters.

Thanks!

Edit: to clarify it, i can color code .exe files and make them appear first after directories, but should i do it with Wildcard or Filter Labels?

If you really want to do it using labels, then create wildcard labels that match the extensions, e.g. *.exe

1 Like

Yes, both color coding and sorting is mandatory. Working with one hand so i rarely type, mostly use mouse for everything, and for me it makes it a lot easier and quicker to find anything .

Thank you for your kind help Leo!