Mouse navigation get stuck when passing doc files

Hi, following thing is happening only when having the file viewpane on: while navigation through the files, the viewer is showing all contents ok, but when the cursor is passing a .doc file, the mouse navigation (per arrow keys) will get stuck at that point. No moving up or down possible. Turning the viewpane off or changing lister won´t help, only a mouseklick on a file can reactivate the keyboard navigation. Can anyone reproduce this?

There is a problem when changing from a .doc file (ActiveX plugin) to a .txt file (Text plugin). It seems to be something the Text plugin is doing wrong but I've not had a chance to look into it in detail yet.

It's also possible that the ActiveX plugin is taking the focus when you open the .doc file. Newer versions of the plugin attempt to give the focus back to Opus but there's no guaranteed way to make it work. Some ActiveX controls take the focus. :frowning: It does work in general with MS Office though, at least for me.

[quote="leo"]There is a problem when changing from a .doc file (ActiveX plugin) to a .txt file (Text plugin). It seems to be something the Text plugin is doing wrong but I've not had a chance to look into it in detail yet.

It's also possible that the ActiveX plugin is taking the focus when you open the .doc file. Newer versions of the plugin attempt to give the focus back to Opus but there's no guaranteed way to make it work. Some ActiveX controls take the focus. :frowning: It does work in general with MS Office though, at least for me.[/quote]

It happens regardless of what type the neighbouring files are, but the activeX thing sounds plausible. I recently installed two plugins, RTF & Fonts viewers, which are great, & had an ini & dll file in the wrong folder (VFS). there were also a few crashes of Opus. It didn´t crash for several months, so chances are high that this was somehow related. But after removing the misplaced files & relaunching opus the minor problem with the doc files seems to continue.

The crashes after installing the RTF/Fonts viewer are probably due to this issue:

[Heads-up: dopus_fileinfo crashes and solution)

[quote="leo"]The crashes after installing the RTF/Fonts viewer are probably due to this issue:

[Heads-up: dopus_fileinfo crashes and solution)[/quote]

That´s right, it was exactly that dopus_fileinfo crash. Since i don´t use those peviews that much (except for the testing), the crashes shouldn´t occur & surely Dinkelhopper can track down the reason for the problem.

Thanks again!